FREX..Friend/Ex (LONG)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Miss Red, May 16, 2008.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

About 4 years ago I met my ex. We dated off and on for about 2 years and then became super close friends. During the friends period I dated and lived with someone else. Our friendship became stronger and heand I started seeing other people. I even lived with someone. About 6 months ago, while still with the live-in and he was with someone else he told me that I could do better. After the live in and I broke up he was really good to me and was a super friend. Then he and his SO broke up. He took it so hard. Toward the end of his relationship, we fooled around (drunk). After they broke up we did too. When we are together our friends tell us that the energy is crazy. He is protective of me and is there at a drop of a hat. I am now there for him the same way he was for me. Tonight we all ended up at the same club. He was drinking to get over his ex, and his friend told me that when he talks about me a lot. He then said that he did when he and his ex were together too. His friend also said that he thinks the friend/ex has feelings for me still. I have always had feelings for him, and no matter what happens with other people, I always come back to the situation. I am so confused. Do I act? Do I wait until the dust settles with him and the ex? A lot of our friends tell me we should get back together. And he says I know him like no one else does...BLAH.......There's a lot more, but I don't have hours to write.

Help me Vag.....:hs:

2. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

how old are the both of you?

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

If you two really wanted to be together, you would be.

But you're here trying to get convinced that it's the right thing to do...

4. fray

fray New Member

how long have he and the most recent ex been separated?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm a little confused with the time frame. I thought you just had a bf? You just made a thread about him recently. WTF happened there? Is he the "live-in" you broke up with?

I still don't think it would be a good idea to move ahead with him. Give him time to make sure he's over his ex. If his feelings for you have always been there then they shouldn't just disappear anytime soon. But if you really want to try and make it work you two will really need to talk about the both of you, what you want and discuss if it's a good idea or just a fun tension you two will always share.

6. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

i think my advice on this would vary vastly depending on both of your ages and what your current situations as far as life/careers go

7. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Well, the live in and I broke up in Jan. The guy I wrote about recently was just a fling.

8. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

We're 25 and 23

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Sounds to me like there is no reason to even let the "dust settle". You two have been interested n each otehr even when with your last SO's, and obviously have feelings for one another.

Life is short, and you're both old enough to know how you feel about the other. I say just take it slow and start casually dating one another again. When you're both ready the relationship will take itself to the next level.

I have to ask though; why did you two break up the first time around?

10. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

he is an ex for a reason.... Try hard and remember that reason
    obviously things don't work between you and him if you have been on and off together multiple times in the past

11. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

We broke up the first time because I wantedtoo much and he wasn't ready for a serious relationship. We hung out last night and the energy was crazy. I think I get what you're saying.

12. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

I also understand this point of view. And this is what makes things confusing. I have decided to let the dust settle with his old relationship and just let things be. We're great as friends. And maybe one day all that energy will turn into something. I just don't want to lose my best guy friend.