GUN Fresno 3 gun helmetcam

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yar1182, Jul 21, 2008.

1. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

click image to play video 17mb wmv
    [​IMG]

Video from the 5th leg of the CA 3 Gun Series in Fresno. Waiting on the results. I shot pretty well I think this should move me up in the points standings for the series.

2. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

Are your ejected AR cases hitting you in the face/head?

3. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

nope. They go forward.

4. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

Oh. It almost looks like they are being deflected by you.

5. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

Which Fresno-area range was this?

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

7. Milky

Milky I'm in your Millenium Falcon, rumbling your Wookie

Nice shooting. I couldn't even see some of the rifle targets you were shooting. Do you reload for pistol, rifle, and shotgun?

8. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I reload all pistol and rifle.

9. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

10. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

:cool:
    They're about an hour and 15 from me (and Hoss, and Panzer), but I've never actually been there

11. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

It's a really nice range. I didn't video the long range rifle but their long range rifle bay is nice. Covered, bench rest tables, goes out to mid 200's.

12. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

13. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I think I got a workable flash setup for the videos. They are still a little on the large size but they seem to stream OK, but I'm on Fios so who knows what it like for everybody else. If you have any problems with the videos please let me know as I'm trying to figure this flash thing out.

Anyway made my month trip down to San Diego. It was pretty damn windy and hot. San Diego can be challenging that way. I shot IPSC on saturday (pistol). Was kind of sloppy. I was trying to keep up with this one guy Chase who is a real hoser monster. I got some video of him I'm converting to flash right now.

Saturday night I went to stone brewing like I normally do and they had some iron madien night where they play all kinds of maiden and pour all kinds of beer. So I got hammered like how I like to do and head banged so hard I think I rattled my brain and hurt my neck which wasn't the greatest thing for 3 gun the next day.

For 3 gun I was pretty sloppy on the long range rifle. Some of it was the wind. The new scope 3x9 accupoint is pretty awesome for the 300 yard and 350 yard flashers. Pretty much killed those. I struggled with some of the 200 yard stuff believe it or not. I'm also looking out of the scope too much trying to find the next target. That could be better. While I didn't win any of the long range rifle stages I shot well enough to stay in 2nd or 3rd believe it or not. Everyone seemed to have problem with the wind or the awkward positions. The standing 185 yard auto flashers chewed a lot of people up. I was doing pretty well until the last position where I junked it. Kept going over the target. I had my dope just kept wanting to hose it down and move forward to shred instead of getting stable and calling my shot.

I destroyed the shotgun stages. So I won 3 out of 5 stages for the match and won the overall. The shotgun video was interesting as the big clay thrower threw a clay right at me which I took point blank range. The range officer behind me ducked both times as he thought it was going to hit us. You can see some fragments fly by me as I hammered it.

I got a whole bunch of videos from some of the other guys I'm uploading. You can see some of the coppers I'm always talking about shooting their AR 10 and stuff.

14. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

whoops I meant to make a new thread. Slipping

15. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

I'm on 16 mb cable and they are hanging, not sure if its your end or this end. If its this end, then you need think twice as I have a pretty fast and solid connection.

Also, do you have a flash player that will allow for a volume control? It was either on or mute on my mac which is kind of annoying. A volume control would be nice.

But looks good otherwise.

16. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yeah i should add a valume control. I guess i just like to torture people with my music. Still kind of high school that way.

I used the smaller 50mb 3 gun video on ar15.com. People seemed to think it's fine. I'm sure I'll refine the quality and size of the videos as I get better with this flash software.

17. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Yup. Just thought I'd try to give some helpful advice. Who knows, possibly your server was getting hammered at the time as well and it will normally be ok. I'll try again in a bit.

18. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yeah the 3 gun video is doing well on ar15.com right now. Had 200 views in so far. It's getting hammered from multiple sites right now.

19. TigreTek

TigreTek omega member OT Supporter

this shit looks like so much fun. :o