Freshly washed and detailed...[crosspost]

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Buck-O, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Looks good-a shame about the factory orange peel though.

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Yeah, it is a shame...cause mine was the best looking black Sentra onthe lot...:ugh2:
    Kinda sad. But, at least it shines good! :bigthumb:

Thanks for all teh GREAT info in this forum Scott, its been a great help over the last couple of weeks.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Wow, I've never seen orangepeel from the factory. :eek: Sorry about the idiot at the dealer. :sad2:

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Yeah, thats classic Nissan shit paint for ya. Like i said, if you go to b15sentra.net, there are DOZENS of threads about people with orange peel, swirls, deep paint nicks, severe overspray, etc. And most of them end up having the car stripped, re-primed, and reshot.
    I personally could never afford anything like that. But i going to talk to my SO's dads friend Terry, and see if he might be willing to re-shoot it in somthing with a bit more durability, and better coat for a reasonable price. :x:

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Buck-o: It would probably be cheaper to have a body shop wetsand and buff out the orange peel than reshoot the car. It still won't be cheap though.

BTW, glad the forum helped you out!

7. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Scott, the guy is a friend of the family, and shot a couple of their cars for free, including putting in about 30 hours of work on one of their sons guitars (which looks AMAZING), and hes planning on shooting their classic Mustang, all of which is done as close to free as you can get it, i.e. just materials costs, as far as i know.
    So it shouldent cost me that much to get the car prepped and painted by him, anymore then it would to have a body shop wet sand it. Plus, at least i know with Terry, im getting a quality, and profesional job, and a guarentee that it will last. Plus i can play around with color if i want to as well. :bigthumb: