Fresh install of Vista...RAID array not working

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VladTemplar, Mar 16, 2008.

1. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

So I decided yesterday to just wipe the slate and start with a fresh install. I've got two different drives basically, a 150gb raptor and a 4x750 RAID5 array.

For some strange reason when I first installed Vista it saw the array just fine, however now it's showing e how much free space is left, but if I try to open it there's a green progress bar that loads across the top and eventually stalls. The only thing I can do is to reset the computer, otherwise Explorer becomes unstable.

Any ideas?

2. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

I've done everything I can possibly think of. Every time I reboot nVidia's MediaShield tells me that the array is rebuilding, but when I get to Vista it tells me the array isn't there and there are drivers it can't install.

Specifically: NVIDIA Raid Disk SCSI Raid Device

Each time I boot Vista tries to find drivers for this and install them, but then I get this error.

Name is already in use as either a service name or a service display name

HELP!

3. VladTemplar

VladTemplar New Member

Bad Vista install.

Advice to all when installing Vista, don't use any discs that came with your shit. If it needs to be updated, download it.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Yep. Drivers on CD are never up-to-date anymore. Blame it on the iterative-prototyping development model that software companies fell in love with about a decade ago. Don't worry about making it good, just make it exist; you can always make it good later.