TAT Frenulum Removal from the tongue

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by phatcow, Apr 1, 2005.

1. phatcow

phatcow My boyfriend, who had already wept. OT Supporter

Has anyone had this procedure done? Does it hurt? Do i have to go through a oral surgeon?

2. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Is that the doo dad under your tounge? My friend has his cut last year because it impeded his speech. After a few days of getting used to talking with it cut, he was fine. He did go to an oral surgeon.

3. Laurel

Laurel New Member

You DO know that without it, if you pass out, your tongue can slide into your throat and choke you...

4. RzaRector

RzaRector Guest

thats awesome

5. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

a close friend of mine did as well. his went from his tongue all the way to the base of his front teeth.

6. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I have reason to beleive that there are some simple precautions that the surgeon takes into account...

7. Laurel

Laurel New Member

like not removing it?

8. jackwrx

jackwrx New Member

Had it done by an oral surgeon. They sewed it up and I went on my way. While I was picking up my pain killers I had a stich pop and it spread open like a filleted chicken breast. Blood was everywhere and I had to go back to get it stiched again. After a few days it was fine.

They're not going to go crazy and remove it all the way. They left a little, but I can stick out my tongue an extra inch or inch and 1/2 now.

9. Laurel

Laurel New Member

so the frenulum doesn't get fully removed then?

10. jackwrx

jackwrx New Member

Nope, he just cut part of it out. There are big arteries towards the back, so they couldn't go too far on mine. If you hold you hand out and imagine a web between your ring and middle finger, they would cut it back to just past your first knuckles. Essentially there's a little bit of web left.

My wife has absolutely no frenulum and was born that way. She could give Gene a run for his money.

Funny thing is I didn't have a speach impediment. My wife and I have the same hygentist/Dentist. She was getting a cleaning one day and the hygentist said "you know your husband is tongue tied and he can get that cut if he wants"

I was like anything that makes my tongue stick out further :) I use to have a problem of cutting my frenulumn on my bottom teeth when I'd go down on her. Well, not anymore. We both thanked that hygentist ;)

11. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

My ex had a thing for sucking on my tounge (goddam do I miss that... :cry: ), and I unfortunatly have a relativly long webbing thing. One time she was sucking on it, a bit hard, and I felt my tounge kinda go farther into her mouth than it had before. I also heard this faint ripping sound, like if you tore beef jerkey apart. We stopped, I checked, and bingo... she ripped it. It was hysterical.

12. Laurel

Laurel New Member

My mom, who's a medical professional told me this when I was younger, and I believed her. Upon searching google, I couldnt find anything stating that it had a purpose. nm

13. craiger

craiger New Member

I had mine removed at the age of 16 with the intention of a tongue splitting(i've since realized social implications would be too much).
    My dentist who is an oral surgeon performed mine with a scalpel and only gave me laughing gas to ease the pain. he didn't stitch it or anything just packed gausing(?) to absorb the blood.
    within two days, it stoped bleeding and i was an inch longer.
    and as far as swallowing ur tongue...that's a huge myth.

p.s. after swallowing so much blood...u will vomit blood!

14. Chalkitup

Chalkitup New Member

:rofl: Not laughing at you, but a girl rang up the radio station the other morning when they were talking about "things your parents lied to you about" and she confessed that her mum had told her that when the Ice cream man was playing music he was all out :mamoru:

It wasn't till she was at uni and her mates went to grab one and she told them not to bother he's out that she found out the lie :bigthumb:

15. Furner

Furner New Member

how long is the healing time for this....?

16. craiger

craiger New Member

mine healed within a week or so
    give or take

17. Furner

Furner New Member

do you have to be careful after a week so its not damaged? or is it completly healed in a week or two?

18. craiger

craiger New Member

i dunno, my body heals really fast, i think i'm a mutant or something, but it was cool, eating solid foods shortly after.

and it scars over nicely making tough skin

and from what i've been told because of the blood flow in ur mouth it heals quickly