MMA freinds going to thailand

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Mar 23, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

2. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

well, where does he want to go, how serious is he, how much does he want to spend?

3. pepsi

does he want to end up in a tourist mecca and find himself drinking all the time and forget training. does he want to do mma as well. does he need luxury. i can see him spending more then a 1000 usd a month

4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

hes just going to train he wants to train primarily muay thai but if they have some mma in there he will train that as well but his main focus is mt

5. pepsi

well, i know tiger has mma. Ray Elbe is an mma instructor there. I know of Rawaii and Tiger. both are ok, maybe a little crowded, depending on what time of year he's going. all the gyms you listed are in tourist areas, so if he's easily distracted by alcohol and women. he could be finding himself spending alot more then he expects. 4 months in these areas, and with the exchange rate as it is. i recommend he have about 6000 minimum to not find himself in too much trouble financially. there's ways to live cheaper of course, but that means focusing only on training. he could also go to other places. like suwit is cheaper. should be fewer foreigner's there. or chiang mai. biggest expense is gonna be accommadation. but i do feel while chiang mai doesn't have the beaches of phuket of pattaya. it will be cheaper then the big tourist areas.

6. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

i took the rates off the Kombat Group site and used and exchange calculator, if her gets the room for 4 people (12,000 baht, 3000 each) does the MMA/MT program (22000 baht) and eats at the camp (150,200,200 baht breakfast/lunch/dinner making its 550baht a day)

He would be spending:

550 * 7 = 3850 per week
    3850 * 4 = 15400 per month
    15400 * 3 = 46200 3 months of food

22,000 - MMA Camp 3 months
    9000 - 1/4 of 4 bed A/C private bathroom apt for 3 months
    46200 - Food 3 months

totals out to - 77200 Baht

Which converts to $2,469.07

if he just wants to do the MT and no MMA than it totals out to 75200 Baht which is $2,405.09

I would still being or have access to another $1000 in the bank if at all possible totaling your trip to $3,405.09 - $3,469.07 for 3 months. Thats not fucking bad at all.

7. pepsi

well he said 4 months, and one night of drinking could cost 2000 baht, 3-4000 if he includes other entertainment. travelling around, if he wants to see anything. thailand isn't really that cheap

8. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

nah i know this guy he wont be doing anything but training when he goes over there. He will probably be taking a shit load of dvds and instructionals. If anything he will probably spend some money and time on privates. If they have internet access he will probably be online all day inbetween training

question is this how good is he gonna get in 4 months. I had one guy i train with went to thai land for 2 months in the summer. Then he came back and his technique was slightly better but his conditioning and stamina went through the roof

9. pepsi

well, he prolly won't get too much better. they do train usually 6 days a week, twice a day. between 4 and 6 hours a day. he's not gonna come back and be the greatest fighter in the world. he should take a match or 2 while he's there. but it'll be a good experience, and will help him in the long run on training. getting pad training will help. along with the clinch. as llong as he follows the training. i could see him running 15 k a day.

10. pepsi

there's a vid called a lanna trilogy. its a vid about training and living in thailand. it takes place in chiang mai at Lanna Muay Thai. it'll give an idea about things to expect. although it's in pal format

11. pepsi

12. damiand

damiand Proceed

Thailand is about as cheap as traveling gets.

13. teep

teep New Member

lanna camps are pretty hard core and offer great training. pretty much at any camp in thailand you will get good instruction, but if you want to stay real focused it's pretty hard in phuket. i found myself drunk on the beach plenty of times during training sessions.

14. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

people keep telling me fairtex is good in thailand

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

SITYODTONG > *

a lot of the best camps from my understanding is invite only.

16. phuree

phuree New Member

Must save money.....to do this..

17. teep

teep New Member

costs an arm and a leg to get there, but once you're there everything is so cheap. watch out for ex muay thai champ ladyboys :eek4:

18. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

wtf every one talks about that to stadium champions randomly turn into trannys

19. teep

teep New Member

Haha its not a common thing, but it exists for sure. And people aren't talking about big lumpini champs or anything.