SRS Freind doing my head in.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mushokuro, Jun 9, 2008.

1. mushokuro

mushokuro Advanced being

I have a mate that is always non stop asking me the same shit over and over and over. An example.

Him: hey man i was in an argument with someone at work and i told him that im going to stick a knife into his spin and twist it. Can he call the cops and get me introuble for it ?
    Me: I dont know, probably not
    Him: How sure are you
    Me: Im not sure just guessing
    Him: Would you be worried ?
    Me: No
    Him: Why ?
    Me: because im sure the cops have more important shit to worry about than some argument.

So then forgets about it for a while and he calls another friend on his phone.

Him: hey man i was in an argument with someone at work and i told him that im going to stick a knife into his spin and twist it. Can he call the cops and get me in trouble for it ?

:hsugh:

After a while, he asks me the SAME SHIT!! and i said to him "you fucking asked me before i dont fucking know". After a while he decided to go home. He gets in his car and calls me out.

Him: so you think nothing will happen ?

me: :squint:

I know its not bothering him because he does this all the time about ANYTHING and he does it to his mother. Last time was about he wanted to buy an LCD.

Him: Im going to buy an LCD for $250 do you think i should ?
    Her: I dont know about them if you want to get it, get it :dunno:
    Him: You dont think its expensive ?
    Her: I dont know what they are worth.
    Him: (getting angry) DO YOU THINK ITS EXPENSIVE OR NOT ?
    Her: I dont know if it is if you want it buy it its you money
    Him: Why are you getting angry ? Its just a question

and this would go on and on and on until they are having full on arguments.

I seriously dont know what is up with him. He has been like this even in highschool :ugh:.

....:ugh:

BTW I have known him for 16 years and he is 26 years old.

2. glass

glass New Member

tell him that the next time he asks, you're gonna stick a knife into his spin and twist it. either he scares or it literally answers his question.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

What I find sad is that the guy has no confidence in his own voice. He hasn't figured out that his ideas are as valid as anyone else's. He hasn't learned that he has power to determine his future.

You want to be a real friend, help him realize these things. Don't just make fun of him.

4. mushokuro

mushokuro Advanced being

Never thought about it that way tbo.

5. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

DOT.

Also, turn it around on him "Dude, do you think its expensive?" or "Do you think the cops would care?" - its quite possible that no one has asked him for his opinion on stuff like this, which is why he's always asking others what they would do. If he says "Yes, I think its too expensive" then all you have to do is say "Yeah man, that sounds about right" or lead him into more conversation about it "Why do you think so?"

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

i would just say: if you want a clear answer look it up on the internet :dunno:

7. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

He is looking to others for answers, and does not know how to find the answer for himself.

He will ultimately fail at life, relying on the unreliable.

If he learned how to figure shit out for himself, he would learn how to find out answers for himself, so he could shut up more.

8. Coottie

This is not a given. It is possible for his friend to help him see the errors and help him to develop confidence in his own voice.
    :werd:

9. ///M

///M New Member

i have a friend like this :mad:

10. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

lol, me too

11. Coottie

I used to be like his friend and even after all these years I can occasionally fall back into those old patterns.

Thanks to patient and understanding friends and my own maturity, I was able to change the way I do things, start honoring my own voice and generally grow up. However, there were many people along the way that just didn't understand. Oh well. The ones that are still here I cherish and I'll pretty much do anything for them.

12. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

i have a friend like this too. every monday morning, its the same thing. he tells me a story, then the next person that arrives in on our team gets the story, then the next person, then so on. im thinking in my head... cant you just hold the story in until we all arrive, round us all up and tell it once??

i always figured it was an attention thing. *shrug*

13. Coottie

For me that was such a minor part of it that it doesn't really fit. For me, it was all about me NOT respecting my own voice. For some reason, I always just thought everyone else's opinions mattered more than mine.

I honestly don't know why this is. I had loving, supportive parents and a fun childhood. I am the youngest of 5 so perhaps that has something to do with it.

I mean I can distinctly remember my brothers and sisters saying things and I'd think, man....they are really smart. But then as I grew up, I still looked to others for advice.

I dunno, I'm glad I found my way out of this shit. It's really no way to live. I mean I knew what I was doing and I didn't like it but I just didn't know any other way.