! ! ! Freeware Recommendations ! ! !

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TejanoRey, Apr 2, 2004.

1. TejanoRey

TejanoRey New Member

I have seen this before on another board...don't know why it isn't here yet?

This is a thread where all of us can recommend FREEWARE software.

We can place a link to the site or to the download, with a description of what it does.

You can also put some pros/cons.

-------------------------------------------
    LINKhttp://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm
    DESCRIPTION:MyIE2 is a multipage browser based on the Internet Explorer core (IE 5.x or 6.0 required). It can open multiple Web pages in just one window, and it only takes a few system resources when you're surfing with the integrated user interface. It supports special plug-ins and IE extensions, and its features include autoscrolling, form autofilling, external tools, plug-in support, a newsgroup browsing mode, mouse gestures, customizable skins, and an autohide panel. The latest release features support for RSSExplorer, improved speed and performance, several bug fixes, and much more.
    PROSThis is what Microsofts IE should be based on. It has tabs and ad block up and much more features. Plus you can change the look and colors to how you want.
    CONSNone

2. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Linux. :o

3. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Heh, we've had it before actually. :repost: :p

But, yeah, Linux obviously and Mozilla/FireFox (I don't like FireFox myself, doesn't have some features that I'm used to in the bloated version).

4. TejanoRey

TejanoRey New Member

Trillian Messenger

Site:http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/

Description:Instant messaging is the most convenient means of communications on the internet today, filling an important niche between a phone call and e-mail; it's fast, and not too intrusive. Users connect to a central server which allows real time message delivery to and from other users. These messages utilize text, graphics, and even streaming video to make the IM experience stronger. However, there are more than four different major messaging media currently in widespread use, which separates everyone and complicates this convenient way of communication. Trillian is here to solve the problem, "insta

5. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

I'm using MyIE2 right now. The only problem I have so far is that certain headers don't show up. Like a banner image or top menu navigation. Some of those items just don't show up.

6. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

FireFox > MyIE2

On a similar note, i also find Mozilla Thunderbird (the e-mail client, kinda like FireFox's bastard little brother) with the adaptive Junk control filters built-in to be pretty nice.

And, Editplus+ is a great piece of software, but of course, anyone that would find any use of this, already has it.

7. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

:werd: