FreeMotion Fitness machines?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by kokoim, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokoim

kokoim New Member

Are freemotion fitness machines good to use for strength training?

I recently started to strength train by using the traditional machines but I'm starting to feel uncomfortable because I feel like some don't fit my body size accordingly. My posture feels awkward and there is no mirror in front of the machines so I'm not sure if it really is or not. For instance the triceps press feels like my arms are not close enough to my body cause the handles are too wide apart. :sad2:

I saw these machines and I'm assuming they may be better but not as good as the free weight dumbbells. :dunno:
    I don't have a personal trainer and I'm not ready to go do the free weights yet. So I wanted to try these out but wanted some opinions about them first. :hs:

2. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

you're trying to get strong? pick the bar off the floor, put the bar on your back and put the bar on your chest and press

3. Spartan

Spartan OT Supporter

4. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Just use free-weights you're comfortable with and don't go too heavy if you're unsure of yourself. You need to do a shitload of reading at your level as it's pretty plain you don't have any idea what is going on.

However I sorta like the freemotion machines i use them occasionally.

5. kokoim

kokoim New Member

Yea, I do have A LOT of reading to do.. I'm researching and asking around as I workout cause I really enjoy exercising now but time is limited. ):

Free weights...honestly, I'm intimidated to go over there because there are a lot of macho guys... I'm a 23yr old female btw..

6. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

free motion is good for isolating muscles and gaining strength for stabilizers. i still stand on the boat for just using free weights for overall gain but theyre not that bad. i use them for chest thats about it

7. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

There is a book floating around that a lot of the females here read or have read or recommend or something called "the new rules of lifting for women"

Basically you lift weights like a man, heavy and hard. However what most women don't realize is they don't have the hormones to get buff so they just look a little "toned" and get all sexxay

8. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

http://www.amazon.com/New-Rules-Lif...TF8&coliid=I24R6BY6RI4IYR&colid=3R2PCA6AOTYBT

9. kokoim

kokoim New Member

Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.