WEB freelance issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nextfactor, Dec 4, 2009.

1. nextfactor

nextfactor New Member

I'm new to the whole freelance thing and definitely need to get a better contract (any suggestions?)

Anyway, I have this client for whom I did a website, designed and then coded. They were pretty difficult with the whole ("make it stand out, make it pop".. refer to comic book a couple of threads down :squint:) But finally I got a finalized design and I built the site, now, just after we are done.. they want to change the home page, move this here and that there like I can just pick up things with a mouse and move it. I almost feel like quitting but I have the potential to make about $6000 off this client next year.

Whats the best way to address the issue? Would you find it offensive if I would say that this was the last revision that I would do and after that we would have to rewrite our agreement for more work to be done?

2. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

If they agreed to the finalized design they best be paying for the changes now.

Who cares about $6 next year from a nightmare client? Find better ones if they're gunna not hire you cause you actually want to get paid for your work.

3. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

charge by the hour

4. nextfactor

nextfactor New Member

Thanks for you input everyone.