WEB Free SMS Website Monitoring Deal

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ricky, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Found this on redflagdeals.com

Free Website Uptime Monitoring with SMS Alerts at AreMySitesUp.com

If you've got a personal or business website, it's important to know when it goes down. You can't be around all the time to check on it which is where uptime monitoring services like AreMySitesUp.com come in. AreMySitesUp.com connects to your website 25 times per day and will notify you if for some reason it can't connect.

There's a bunch of services like this available but what we like about AreMySitesUp.com is that it's free for a basic account and the basic account even includes free SMS alerts in addition to e-mail. Their premium accounts aren't that expensive either at just $25 to $75 US per year if you need more frequent checks, Twitter integration, iPhone Apps, or faster support.

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

any one using this?

3. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

Just an fyi on the subject of SMS. If you can send an email you can send an sms (as long as you know the carrier).

4. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

werd i was thinking that.

i was even thinking of making a free alternative :o

5. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

There's really nothing to it :o

6. brds

brds OT Supporter

I could do it all in 3 or less pages :mamoru: plus a cron job

7. Audioholic

Audioholic New Member

Alertra > All

Would be fine for personal sites but I don't think I would want to rely on a free service for my web servers.. Alertra cost me like $40/mo to monitor six servers and that bitch calls me on AIM, SMS, EMAIL, CELL and even calls my motherfucking home phone in the middle of the night as a text alert usually doesn't do it.

8. ge0

ge0 New Member

anyone know of a api free service which allow you to send a phone number and they shot back a carrier for the number including ports?

9. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

How about a little bet? :hsd: I write an app from scratch, on a live screencast in under 30 minutes. If I finish, we'll setup both mine and your paid service to monitor the same test site and purposely take down/crash it/etc.....if my app performs comparably, I win :wiggle:. Emails, SMS, phone calls, you got it. I'll even run mine on the pentium 3 Lamp server in my closet (on a standard cable modem connection). You can have whatever code I write too. How much you willing to wager? :noes:

30 min starting from scratch, the odds are probably in your favaor....it'd be kind of fun either way though.