Free Remote Access Software

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ultraelf, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ultraelf

ultraelf New Member

Need Free Remote Access software like LogmeIn or LiteManager - remote desktop?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

? there is a free version of logmein

what OS is this for?

3. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

VNC?? RDP??

4. telc

telc OT Supporter

5. TomDlgns

TomDlgns OT Supporter

www.logmein.com good if you want access...and dont need to work with anyone, like a partner, developer, etc...

www.teamviewer.com great for working with groups of people on the same machine, remotely.

www.realvnc.com good, but you gotta mess with firewalls, ports, routers, norton internet security, etc...all the other 3rd party security programs

RDP (same as VNC with respect to the firewalls, ports, routers, etc...) if your windows version has the client and the host. off the top of my head i can only remember these windows versions that have it xp pro, vista/w7 home premium, business, ultimate,

6. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

teamviewer and logmein all have ways of allowing a direct connection to the computer without the help of someone getting you. Programs such as showmypc or gotomypc need to have a user input to allow you in. Still teamviewer and logmein have the best connection speed than any other program I've ever used. I remotely log into peoples computers daily, and probably close to 12 computers a day every day.