Free Mac Writing Software

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ravravrav, Oct 5, 2005.

1. ravravrav

ravravrav New Member

Hi

I don't own a Mac, Never even used one but I'm a writer and I've created some tools for Windows and yes, the Mac.
    I'm not sure if there are many free writing tools already available to you guys but I thought I'd stop by and let you know you can visit my website and download them for free.
    Visit http://www.filmfiler.com/products.html if this applies to you.

Thanks

2. jabbadeznuts

jabbadeznuts ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just downloaded it to take a quick look. It runs rather slowly. A good first effort, but if you really want to be successful with it, it needs to be Cocoa native on OS X.

Just a quick guess, is it written in Java?

3. ravravrav

ravravrav New Member

Yeh it's written in Java, I didn't have a lot of money to spend on it so I just did what I could - never heard of cocoa native.
    Anyway as long as it helps you with your writing then that's a good thing. If you can think of any way to improve it then please send an email using the form on the website.

Thanks for the comment,

4. ravravrav

ravravrav New Member

Hi

I'm still looking for testers for the programs and especially the Mac versions because I'm not 100% certain of compatibility - from what people have told me it works fine but if you're interested it's all there. Thanks