MMA Free Kami top mma and olympic wrestling coach facing deportation

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Nov 17, 2009.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

http://freekami.wordpress.com/

from mike brown
    marcos aurelio
    Gabe Ruedigar
    some info on what happened

Some of you know him from Missouri Valley College which he attended; and others of you know him while he was working at Oklahoma State University in the wrestling department. He is published in the book Cowboy Up by Kim Parish for his wresting talent and coaching abilities. Many others know him from American Top Team in Coconut Creek, Florida where he was recruited as wrestling coach. Over the years he has met many amazing people all over the country. Anyone who knows Kami would know that there isn’t a worse person for this to have happened to.
    [​IMG]

Many weeks ago on August 23, Kami and I were pulled over for a broken headlight. They detained him and took him to Broward County Jail (which they were never supposed to do in the first place) where they later transferred him to Broward Transitional Center for immigrants. He has been in there and they are trying to deport him back to Iran. He needs safety and refuge.
    So far we have sent a request to the main Board of Immigrations Appeals in Falls Church, Virginia for the case to be reopened. They received it on September first and we are just waiting. Although we expect and want nothing more than to keep him here in the United States, we are aware and prepared for anything else to come our way. We had hopes to have an option of sending him to Germany (where his family is and to keep him safe from Iran), but German consulate has replied and denied a visa or citizenship saying that because he never renewed his visa (when he was here in America) that they ordered him a final deportation and will not accept him back.
    So here we are… as of today October 28, 2009…he has been stuck in that “jail for immigrants” as Kami calls it, for 66 days.

I’m posting all of this, not only to inform everyone, but to also ask for help. If anyone knows anyone, or anything that might help, we can use it. We have done and tried everything from writing letters, to calling and talking to lawyer after lawyer, and trying to get the right politician involved. Nothing seems to be sufficient. Maybe if the word spreads enough, it will be in the hands of someone who can do something; someone with power.
    “To deprive a man of his natural liberty and to deny to him the ordinary amenities of life is worse then starving the body; it is starvation of the soul, the dweller in the body.” -Gandhi (thanks Anita)

2. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

So he was here illegally? Too bad for him, I guess.

He should have applied for political refugee status before getting caught.

3. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

Not that easy Mr. Cool. I don't know why you white people think getting legalized is so fucking easy. :ugh:

4. Joe_Cool

I didn't say anything about it being easy. I am, however, saying that "it's hard to do legally" does not mean I feel sorry for you when you get caught doing it illegally.

5. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

6. Sammo

Sammo New Member

yeah he's a great wrestling coach but that doesn't have anything to do with the laws he's broken

7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

So because he is a great trainer means that he doesn't have to follow the law like everybody else?

8. Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA OT'r of the Year 2013 OT Supporter

I feel bad, I also feel bad for the people that had to do it legally and work hard as fuck to stay in the country legally.

9. SubOptimal

SubOptimal New Member

He sounds like a great coach. I'm sorry he chose to put himself in this situation by breaking the law.

10. KRUSTYTHECLOWN

KRUSTYTHECLOWN OT Supporter

See it's not only the Mexicans that are here Illegally. :)

11. cswfighter

cswfighter New Member

Illegal immigrants are people just like everyone else, you can run into scum bags, or great hard working people.

I'm mexican, not illegal, and still feel I should say "tuff break nigga". He had a good run.

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

you guy sare gey as aids

1. he came to the country legally and had political assylum.
    2. he has lived in the country for 8 years and has been paying taxes.
    3. if he goes back to his own country he will be executed

13. Joe_Cool

So you're saying he has been granted political asylum, and it's being revoked and he's being deported... for having a broken headlight?

Sorry, bro, but I call BS.

14. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I dont know the details but I have seen it happen before the imigration system in this country is fubared. My brother in law got pollitical assylum here in the U.S. and got sent back 3 years after due to a paper work error on the part of his lawyer. That wasnt his fault or are you going to say he hired the wrong guy and it is his fault

15. kroneX

kroneX New Member

immigration as a whole is a fucked up issue all together, but I hope your friend ends up okay at the end of this mess.

16. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

maybe it had something to do with all the cocaine that was hidden IN the broken headlight...

17. Joe_Cool

A paperwork error makes more sense. If the papers weren't filed correctly, then the asylum is invalid.

But I can't imagine political asylum being revoked because of a headlight. There HAS to be more to the story.

:rofl: like this, maybe.

18. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Too bad Kami couldn't teach brown how to take Aldo down.