Free Ipod backup tool

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by thezak, Feb 1, 2006.

1. thezak

thezak New Member

is there a program like copypod (for pc) that is free? i need to back up all of my ipod stuff. thanks for any help.

2. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

I'm not sure what you mean by 'back-up' but if i understand you correctly you mean remove the songs from your ipod, back onto your hard drive? As in, you dont have the mp3s on your computer anymore for some reason? I've done this before using a prog called iPodAgent (the current version you need to pay for, but i have the installer for the old, free version, PM me if you want it).

I've heard others talk about a prog called EphPod, which i only just installed last night, and didnt really mess around with, so i dont know if it has this capability.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Run a google search for Sharepod. It's a freeware program that will do what you want. It's a simple 1 file app that you copy to the root directory of the iPod.

It will copy your music from your Ipod to you hard drvie and it can also create an .xml file so you can re-import that into your iTunes library if you use it.