Free giveaway: INJURIES!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 2000GT, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

I have spent 7 weeks away from heavy weights due to my herniated disc. This week was my get back to it week. Monday was an ok workout, nothing too crazy, but damn did it feel good to lift again.
    Last night I decided to go back to my grappling training. I must say I was stiff and sore almost immediately. Our warm up consists of sprawling under a jump rope and doing some foot work.
    Near the end of class, we grapple for submission and so we switch up partners every 3 mins. First round is cool. Second round I got armbared, but instead of tapping immediately, I tried to get loose; I did get loose but as I was twisting toward my opponent, I turned the wrong way and hear a snap crackle pop - I hyper extended my arm. It didnt hurt so bad, but I iced it and sat out the rest of the class.
    Last night at 4 AM I awoke with stiff and soreness like no other and iced it while I tried to sleep. Today its sore in certain motions, but I can move it in any direction.

I have never hyper extended before, so I dont know the best treatment. Any advice?

2. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

What'd you do for the herniated disc?

3. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

Drop squat that I stepped forward onto my toes on, upon explosion up. The whole motion is gay, and I dont know why I did it :(
    I took a lot of time off any excersize other than biking on the recumbant bike. I did some Active Release Therapy and I gave it time.

4. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

Ahh just curious cuz I fucked my lower back up a few months ago and it's still in pain, though I don't know if it's a herniated disc, I haven't been to the doctor.

5. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

u would know a day or two after as the inflammation and such would cause you to be unable to walk or sit properly (assuming it was L1 -> L5 ''ish)

6. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

Ah, mine's not that bad, mine is just sore and hurts a bit when I bend over and prevents me from deadlifting anything over like 135 :(...my previous max is 480 and I haven't been able to lift heavy for months and it's depressing, I think it's time for a doctor visit

7. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

update:

just back from the doc. as I came in he asked about my back, and I said it had been fine, and I wasnt there to see him about that. He was like ok and jokingly so you are here about the VD... (it was funny, had to be there)
    Anyway, he tells me that it looks like I could have broken part of the bone that holds the tendon on the inside of my elbow on. It was quite tender and he will only have a real result after the x-rays which are being done tomorow evening.

This is all pretty gay! I havent touched weights since beginning febuary and it may be up to 6 weeks before I do again.
    I dont know how I am going to cope without excersize, and weight lifting :(

Any suggestions?

8. jonno

jonno New Member

swim

9. Sh0kka

Sh0kka New Member

just start bulking, when youll be ready youll be fat but with a ton of mass. it sucks to be away from the gym / or to have injuries.

10. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

apparantly thats not good for my back situation. My doc explained it to me, or tried to, but my thick skull couldnt absord, something about controlling my legs... who knows

I think even swimming would hurt my arm right now, any pressure and it hurts.

11. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

I think that would make me more depressed. Getting fat and lifting more is one thing, getting fat and weaker would probably make me insane.

12. Sand Hanitizer

Sand Hanitizer Active Member

Where exactly is the pain? I'm thinking i hyper extended mine while getting the DB's up on shoulder press. Ive got a pretty bad lingering pain just above my elbow on the back of my arm, right at the base of my tricep.

13. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

the pain is on the joint on the inside. (the part of the joint nearest to the body whe your palms are facing up)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.