A&P Free Fujica STX-1 Suggestions & Cleaning Help

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by eighteen_psi, Oct 7, 2003.

1. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

After bugging him for it for years I finally scored my grandfather's Fuijca STX-1 and decided it's a good excuse to get into some real photography. I have a 50mm fixed lense and a flash for it too.

Anyway, there is a considerable amount of junk in the viewfinder. Upon inspection, only one very small imperfection comes from the lens itself (acceptable for the time being to me) and the rest is glue residue on the mirror or the viewfinder. Does anyone have a suggestion for a product or kit I can use to clean this mess up? I'd rather not try to take it apart myself if I can avoid it.

The camera has taken some great pictures over the course of its life and I'd love to get it back to prime condition, maybe pick up a couple more lenses (pretty cheep on ebay) and have some fun so long as I don't have to invest a lot of money fixing it up.

Also, the fully manual camera is a far cry from my POS point and shoot digital obviously. I have a basic understanding of how the apature works and what not but lack any sort of practical experience. The light meter works and is supposedly accurate based on my G-PA's say so and the last round of pictures he turned out with it. What is a good daytime/outdoor setting, indoor day setting etc? Just a little to go by so I can see if the meter is on and to give me a starting point.

Thanks in advance.

(Hold the no av bullshit please too) :squint: Just don't post if you don't want to.

2. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

I appriciate the lack of haters but geez...no one knows how to clean the inside of an SLR here? If there's a fundamental reason it can't be done by me LMK too please. :wiggle: