COMIC Free Comic Book Day - CAPES! + Zeus Outdoor Con - Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by void, May 4, 2008.

1. void

void oh yeah?

Man this was really kickass today, a local comics shop Zeus Comics partners up with CAPES! every year to do a free outdoor comic-con and it just gets bigger every year. There was over 80 guests at today's outing and it was really fucking sweet.

Enough Jibba-Jabba...PICS!

Outside the tents, there were 4 of these set up with about 20-30 tables in each tent, so many people, lots of big names, not enough super-hero chicks, and it was like 65-70 degrees. Perfect day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's Yours Truely with the man himself, Mr. Robert Kirkman

[​IMG]

He told me the Allen the alien + Nolan Team-Up jailbreak is coming in issue #55 :noes:

Gail Simone :bigthumb:
    [​IMG]

Guy named Paul Maybury - the artist for the new graphic novel Aqua Lung. He was a real stand up guy, I bought his GN at the shop and wanted him to sign it, and he wound up doing a decent sketch on the inside cover. :bigok:

[​IMG]

Batman and Robin - I have a really funny clip of batman telling the kids don't do drugs until you hit 18 and no rainbow parties...but I don't know where to host it. These guys were funny :mamoru:

[​IMG]

David Mack's Girlfriend had this yoda backpack and we had Darth Vader hug it :mamoru:
    [​IMG]

I'm sure some of you guys have seen this image floating around the internet. I know it's a swipe from a picture out there, but it's still really nice. This is the original painting...he wouldn't sell it :hs:
    [​IMG]

Time to post the swag

Signed Invincible Vol 1 Hardcover by Robert Kirkman, I saw a guy with that uber-rare walking dead omnibus...and i wanted to slip his throat and steal it :hs:

[​IMG]

Aqua Lung - It's pretty sweet little book, check it out.

[​IMG]

Inside sketch Maybury did for me
    [​IMG]

David Mack's Kabuki, he gave me a couple issues and a sketchbook when I bought my prints (below) :coold:

[​IMG]

Daniel Way signed my Wolverin Origins Variant #1 - said he's super excited about writing Deadpool...and that his cast is DEFINATELY coming with the merc's new book.
    [​IMG]

Gail Simone signed the very first comic I bought since I quit reading when I was a kid...and it's probably one of the funniest single issues I've ever read (deadpool shrink rhino down to bite-size and make him a keychain) :bowdown:
    [​IMG]

Local Guy Cal Slayton drew this for me at a mini dallas con about a month ago, but I can't remember if I put it on here. He was at the show today, so I figure I'd represent him.
    [​IMG]

another indie favorite and fan-favorite artist Josh Howard was there. He's most known for Dead @ 17. i had him draw me something...anything, i told him to suprise me...and he did :bowdown:
    [​IMG]

I dumped a bunch of money on David Mack today too, bought three 11x17 prints and I'm framing each one side by side and mounting them in my living room...they're just that nice.

Logan
    [​IMG]

Echo
    [​IMG]

Daredevil
    [​IMG]

..and of course...it isn't free comic book day without...FREE comics!!
    [​IMG]

I swear to christ, I stood in line longer to get those books then I did waiting for Kirkman :hs:

The End.

2. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

wow i just walked into a few local shops and got some books i shoulda taken pics.

3. Hiero

Hiero New Member

Free Comic Book Day...just one comic book per customer? :o

Gail Simone :bowdown: I love her deadpool run.

4. void

void oh yeah?

hell no, whatever's on the shelf is yours to grab

5. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

where's my i :heart: corz picture :wtc:

6. void

void oh yeah?

i forgot :o

7. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

I'm moving to Dallas.

8. Corz

Corz ha ha! snikt

fag

9. void

void oh yeah?

dallas rocks, but a certain SDCC completely destroys any comic-con in texas. i took $100 to this and came back with $5...i could goto SDCC with a grand and spend it just as easily. :hs: