SRS freaking out, staying cool for the family, just venting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by oakback, Nov 24, 2009.

1. oakback

oakback New Member

I'm having jaw surgery tomorrow morning, I'm :noes: but staying :cool: for the wife and kids. It's upper and lower, they're pretty much cutting half my face off and screwing it back on to align my bite. I'll be under for at least 6 hours. The doctors are all great and have answered any questions we had, and I feel very confident in their abilities, and that everything will go smoothly, but I still can't help the :noes::noes::noes: feeling.

It's gonna be awesome when everything is healed, but the next few days (and weeks...maybe months) are going to royally suck. I'm going to try to play it cool and stay strong for the wife and kids as much as I can, no one likes a whiner.

I'm mostly concerned for my wife, she'll have to deal with the 7 y/o (he should be fine though, can manage most stuff on his own), the 1 y/o, the dogs, and cooking (blending?)/dishes/laundry all on her own for a while. She also is in school, so has studying/papers/tests. Much wine will be purchased and consumed in the coming days.

Luckily we have a large, strong web of friends and family all local to us, so we'll be falling back on them whenever we can.:bigthumb:

2. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Enjoy the drugs! No seriously, they are going to make you feel great on day one.

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Good luck man, they told me years ago I need jaw surgery for an overbite I said fuck that noise it doesn't bother me enough to do it plus I'm skurred :o

4. oakback

oakback New Member

I have Lortab elixir waiting for me at the drug store. :bigthumb:

I told them I hate percocet, and they said they can't have Lortab or Vicodin or any of that as the hospital, so they wrote me a rx to get it at a drug store.

I find it funny that they actually call it "elixir", just means it's liquid.

5. Trogdor151

Trogdor151 OT Supporter

Well I know this is a little late, but hope the surgery goes well.