A&P Freaking FAIL on 2 levels.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CornUponCob, Apr 16, 2008.

1. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

1. I had my schedule incorrect and TUESDAY does in fact NOT equal WEDNESDAY. I missed shooting a basketball banquet. It wasn't a huge deal financially, only $150, but there are few things worse for your reputation than not showing up. For the record, I never did get a call on Tuesday from the guy who hired me to shoot it (I've worked for him a ton, so I guess they didn't view it as a big deal). There were multiple people at the event with my phone number.

2. While I was driving to the banquet TODAY that was in fact YESTERDAY DHL came by to deliver my 24" 2408wfp :(. I'm booked solid the next 3 days covering a track and field meet. Perhaps I can get a roommate to sign for it for me.

And for the record, no body's going to sue me or any crap like that. I'm sure that one of the marketing people just took pictures with his or her point and shoot. Of course they won't be ideal pictures but they'll be better than nothing, and they'll be free for the Athletic Association. It just really hurts my reputation. I will now be known to the basketball coaching staff not as "the guy who shoots all our home games" but as "the guy who didn't show up to the banquet" (although I doubt most of them knew I was supposed to be there anyway).

2. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Guy who hired me called me back, said it was OK.

Called DHL and I swear, the guy I was talking to sounded like the most advanced computer voice on the planet. I actually couldn't tell if it was human or a machine for the first 3 sentences.

Complete and total failure avoided... only partial fail.

3. adamlewis88

adamlewis88 New Member

All I see is your av

4. mojito

mojito New Member

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

Was this for GT basketball?

6. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Yeah.

7. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

What are my chances of shooting some sports and stuff? I met a kid on the technique photo staff and I'm going to go shoot some stuff for that, but I'd really rather shoot for the school doing games and stuff. Do you know how I go about doing that?

8. CornUponCob

CornUponCob New Member

Best way for you to be able to do that is through the technique. That's how I got started. Gotta develop your portfolio somewhere. The technique has a certain number of photo passes to each sporting event. They go pretty quickly.

9. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I'm gonna get in on that here pretty soon. :coold: