SRS Freaked out..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JadedFlower, May 16, 2009.

1. JadedFlower

JadedFlower New Member

I wasnt really sure which section to put this one in...
    Does anyone else get freaked out or scared enough to break out in hives and have nose bleeds?
    Like, if i see a really creepy looking spider in my office my nose might start bleeding lol
    Just wondering if im the only one...

2. HailStorm

HailStorm OT Supporter

I might hyperventilate, freeze up or have a panic attack, but I never break out into hives or anything.

3. Anudist

Anudist Turnin' Jesus on, one lightswitch at a time.

That's something you'll want to see your doctor about. I've only ever hyperventilated once and it was because of a complete sense of hopelessness in my then current situation. Never enough to have a nose bleed or hives. You really want to check into getting anxiety medication.

4. JadedFlower

JadedFlower New Member

I was hoping people would band together to help rid the world of spiders...thatd make me happier LOL

5. amac88

amac88 New Member

My fiancee is absolutely terrified of insects, mainly spiders. She screamed and jumped, as I calmly picked up a spider with a paper towel the other day. I dont get it, theyre just insects?

6. JadedFlower

JadedFlower New Member

i think its the legs honestly, but if i could figure out why they freak me out so much Id try getting over it lol
    I didnt used to be scared of spiders, kinda happened sometime when i was a preteen

7. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Talk to a doctor or psychologist. Look up online people that can really help deal with phobias.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

It's likely the result of a spike in blood pressure and hormones. For your sake, it's important to work on this problem or else the consequences could one day lead to stroke or other stress induced health problems.

Seeing your physician and discussing the issue openly would be the most effective way to start solving the problem.

9. JadedFlower

JadedFlower New Member

Thanks, ive been thinking it could be a blood pressure thing, im always pretty caffinated lol
    Im just afraid they'll want to cauterize my nose, nose bleeds have been a pretty frequent thing for me my whole life, my mom ended up having her nose cauterized when she was a kid for similar reasons..the whole idea of that freaks me out. Maybe they'll just tell me to lay off the energy drinks and coffee and advise how to change my diet.

10. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

That procedure is very easy, it would be a good idea to get it done if possible. It's not painful. I've had it done for the same problem. It would also be a good idea to "decaf" yourself.

11. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

when i'm in crowded areas (like malls/city centers) i start to become really anxious, never had breakouts though