GUN found this CNN article about bushmaster rifles

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Powderburn, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

(CNN) -- The Bushmaster .223 rifle is less popular among game hunters than its name suggests.
    But, like the venomous snake for which it is named, the high-powered rifle is deadly.
    The gun, according to Eric Haney, a retired U.S. Army sergeant major, is "for those who want the general feel of a military weapon." It's the semi-automatic version of the civilian model of the U.S. military M-16 manufactured by Colt.
    A Bushmaster weapon, according to a law enforcement source, was found inside the car of the sniper suspects arrested October 24.
    The weapon is sufficient for target shooting long distances, said Haney, who served with the U.S. Army's elite Delta Force in the 1970s and 1980s and was one of its founding members.
    "I would have been very surprised if they had not found a scope on that weapon," Haney said. With a scope, the shooter is able to find targets at night more easily, he said.
    The Bushmaster make is one of the less expensive models of the of the semi-automatic rifle, usually costing between $500 and $600, he said. "The Bushmaster is known as a cheap gun," Haney said.
    Nor is it hard to operate.
    "[It's easy to use] for the type of shooting we saw in the Washington area," Haney said. "Almost an 8-year-old child can be taught to do that in an hour, and hour-and-a-half."

yet another look at underlying agendas by the media...:squint:

2. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

It's like they think guns should be more complicated for the children. :rolleyes:

3. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

right! nobody would ever wonder why things get their names.

"Honey, I don't want you bringing any guns into our house that were naked after snakes!"
    "Yes, dear."

4. itchiban

itchiban New Member

I wish I could get 500.00 Bushys. I'd buy a few.

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

No kidding
    I mean most guns are easy as hell to operate.

I can see it right now, all the levers and buttons you have to press on a gun if they got their way.

Guns are simply a cock, point, and click interface.

6. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

:mamoru:

7. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

hah that's why I didn't get it.

8. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

ok this article is somewhat shitty but the info presented is accurate unlike that one cop who said an ak-47 bullet can enter into your shoulder and come out your foot...

9. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I would believe the whole 8 year old knowing how to operate an AR. I got my first actual gun when I was 10 or so. I learned proper gun care when I was llike 8 or 9. :o

10. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

\

you think that article was accurate?
    since when does a conventional riflescope allow u to spot targets easier in the dark?
    Since

11. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

\

you think that article was accurate?
    since when does a conventional riflescope allow u to spot targets easier in the dark?
    Since when are bushmasters 500-600 dollars and since when are they "cheap junk" in so many words...either the guy they interviewed is a total moron or he is a "colt guy" and anything else is crap...
    and since when does the average 8 year old know how to operate an AR15...i first handled one when i was 20 and didnt even know where the bolt release and charge handle were...
    p.s. the reason i was naive about guns is i spent my entire life in gun-free new york city until i was 18...the only people legally carrying guns there are cops

12. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

double post, oh snape

lemme tackle your very uptight response.

1. "Since when are bushmasters 500-600 dollars?"
    Answer: Since now you silly bitch.
    http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR...Message=7317&LastModified=4675555518282783941

2. "since when does a conventional riflescope allow u to spot targets easier in the dark?"
    Answer: You assumed my son that he was talking about a 'conventional' rifle scope. He could have been talking about this nightime scope, at only $529 from impact guns.
    [​IMG]

3. "since when are they 'cheap junk'?"
    Answer: More of your close minded assumptions...he never directly stated that.

4. "and since when does the average 8 year old know how to operate an AR15?"
    Answer: The term average is debatable here but not everyone is stuck in the city until they are 20 without access to weapons beyond cheap pistols. You also act like it contains all these crazy parts and switches that an 8yr old couldn't figure out. Have you torn one down? Its pretty simple to the eye, inside and outside. Since when can kids fire their parents guns but cant figure out an Ar15?
    [​IMG]

----------------------------------

Sit back and chew on that for a bit.

13. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

He said they "can be taught to in an hour" not "they know to from birth."