GUN Found out why the ATF wasn't returning my messages

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lobstradomus, Dec 15, 2006.

1. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Full story:
    In early September I applied for my 03 C&R FFL, emailed them a few weeks later and they replied the next day saying they received it on the 15th, and would have an answer 60 days after they received it. Late November I still hadnt heard anything so I called again, left a message and never heard back. So for the last 30 days I've been calling the FFL dept, the main ATF firearms number, the lady who responded to my first email, and the lady she recommended in my first email as the lady who is in charge of apps from my state and left numerous messages with all of them since they never answered the phone (with the exception of one who said she would call me back in 15 minutes and never did) or returned any of the previous calls. I also sent lots of emails which they never responded to. Finally this morning I get another call I cant answer since I'm on another call, and check my messages to hear verbatim "This it the ATF returning your call 866 662 2750." That just pissed me off, so I called back about 5 times leaving a message each time figuring maybe they would get pissed off enough to finally call me back. Sixth time I call someone answers, she takes my info and immediately wants to end the call saying she will call me right back in under 15 minutes. Well I heard that routine before so I told her I would simply wait, and to give me her direct phone number in case we get cut off. Twenty minutes later she comes back to say that she cant find any record of my app other than it was received on the 15th, but I can go ahead and send my application again and they wont charge me since they kept my first application fee. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off at the whole ATF, they cant handle returning phone calls or emails let alone an application and yet we trust them with our guns and explosives.

Cliffs:
    Sent in my 03 FFL app in September and never heard anything, called and emailed just about everyone at the ATF and never heard a single thing back. Finally got through today (3 months after applying) and was told they essentially lost my app. Needed to rant so came here.

2. chakup

chakup Guest

and this surprises you why?!?!

3. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I honestly expected more from them, I've dealt with local government depts and state depts and would expect this kind of thing from them (they haven't dissapointed either) but the ATF is federal and in charge of some pretty important stuff, to find out that they are as ineffective as my local sheriffs department is rather disturbing.

4. t1h

t1h Guest

i had no problems getting my C&R and i got it like 6 weeks after i put the form in the mail. odd thing tho was I sent form 2 to my CLEO like I was supposed to and a week later they sent it back with a note saying it needed to go to BATE. so I put the green app with the sheriff's letter in the mail to BATE asking them what to do, and never heard anything back, my C&R just showed up in the mail a few weeks after that :mamoru:

5. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

:rofl: I just got another call back, somehow they miraculously found my application and are going to process it and mail me the license on monday. So apparently its taken them 3 months to do what only takes a weekend.

6. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I got my C&R in 3 weeks. At least they found your application, unless you had another copy on hand it would have taken another week for them to mail you a replacement form.

7. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

:rofl: @ expecting the ATF to not fuck up.