Found out some interesting info about a friends girl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Maffy29, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So I was hanging out with my cousin and his girl at this bar. They have been together for a while now. I know there has been talk of marriage. The conversation goes along and we start talking about cars. She says that she had been saving up money for a down payment. I then tell her about a friend of mine who works at a Toyota dealer in town and he could get her a good price. So I give her his card and that was that. A couple weeks later I see my friend and he mentions that this girl came in to buy a Corolla and said that she knew me, which was no problem. So he runs her credit for the car loan and he sees that her credit is absolutely horrible. She had 3 charged off credit cards, a charged off cell phone account as well as a vehicle repossession. My friend told her that there was nothing he could do for her since none of their banks would finance her. My cousin is a financially conscious guy. I have a feeling he doesn't know any of this about her. Should I tell him? Do you folks think this could be a deal breaker in a relationship?

2. marauder

marauder New Member

Well I think he has a right to know.
    [FONT=&quot]Yes just bring it up when all three of you are together that your mate can’t do anything for her about a car because of her credit rating leave it at that.[/FONT]

3. MP525i

MP525i New Member

exactly.

bring it up and then let the two of them handle it. hopefully they will deal with it like mature adults.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

stay out of it. their business, not yours. if they are talking marriage, im sure they will sit down with their finances when the time is right for them.

5. darkrick

darkrick New Member

I'm thinking if she hasn't told him now and there is already talk of marriage, it isn't going to come out till after they are :hsugh:
    Which IMO is too late. But just the sake of being optimistic for once, I hope you're right.

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

well then the guy's a dumbass. :rofl:

'talk' of marriage can mean a lot. you going to draft the prenup for them too? :hsugh:

7. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

he may very well be a dumbass... im sure you have had quite a few dumbass moments in relationships? Everyone has.

Thats why we have friends and close relatives to point this shit out to us.

You lose nothing by saying something to him...if he already knows, then o well, at least you said something...if he doesnt know, then what else doesnt he know? You may be saving him from something he doesnt see yet...

Alot of people get blinded by love...but as a friend I would never let someone make what I thought was a mistake without me atleast SAYING something. Now dont go try to break them up, say your peace and be done.

8. marauder

marauder New Member

At least the way I said it he can't realy go to wrong, I mean if he goes about it like I said its not going to seem like hay mate you know that girl you think you can trust well she has a fucked credit rating did you know that.

The way I said his just letting her know his mate can't help her and if he does it in front of his mate he makes him aware of her bad finances.
    So if anything happens IE his mate gets pissed at his maybe soon to be wife not like he can be to blame if anything goes wrong.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  9. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

if he is family let him know for sure. I don't know when the best time to mention it is though..

10. EmiB

EmiB New Member

tell him

11. EmiB

EmiB New Member

Better now than after the wedding

12. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

Finances that bad are a huge issue, I seriously doubt she has told him. I would let him know, so at least he can confront her about it and figure out wtf to do.

It might just be the case that she doesn't understand how the whole credit system works...it did sound like she was just thinking she could walk in with her down payment and walk out. Regardless, it's something that needs to be dealt with quickly if they are going to try to work it out, interest rates get out of control really quick.

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Be careful about telling him specifics though because you could get your car dealer friend in trouble for sharing info like that. Mention the bad credit part but don't say exactly what she has that made it bad.

14. Budha

Budha Guest

Fuck that shit tell him dude. Females lie plain and simple. I suggest your boy if he does marry her, never put anything in bothof thier names, have his own checking accounts she cant draw out of etc....

15. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Not to say that it isn't good for him to know but is he aware that the fact that he told you that is highly illegal? It's a felony. There are federal privacy laws that protect her in this case. If you go back to your friend and tell him that and he brings it up she can not only have him fired and sent to prison but be fined hundreds of thousands of dollars... She can do a lot of damage to him and the business. In turn the business can and probably would to protect themselves, do a lot of harm to him. He should be smarter than that.

Just something else you might want to consider before you do that.

It may be wrong for her to not tell him but it's not anyone elses business to get into. No more than if you banked somewhere and someone told who ever you were dating how many times you overdrew your account or what your balance was.

That's between them. At most you should tell them to have a conversation about those kinds of things before they start talking about "legal commitment". I wouldn't lead it anywhere just make it very general because if it comes back to you being involved she's going to know where it all stems from.

On the other side of it that guy was an idiot. I cannot believe someone would be that stupid to put themselves no matter what the situation in that kind of position. He has no business having that responsibility and if he has a job where he has access to information like that then he knows what he did was wrong. There's no way he doesn't. :dunno: obviously he doesn't care too much...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  16. Replicant

Replicant New Member

I would just tell him that she has credit problems and to check it out on his own that he can prove it through his own actions.

17. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

You can't pull someone elses credit report or rating without their written consent. If he goes and tells her that he knows she has bad credit it's going to be obvious how he found out.

18. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I would bring it up with him. For example, so are you guys thinking of getting married? Have you talked about everything with her, like living arrangements, finances etc.? Tell him that you think financial stability is always a great thing to have in a marriage, go on about it. That way you dont say she has bad credit specifically, but if he inquires with her then she breaks and tell him, your out of the loop.

The telling of credit information is a big federal no no, especially with the new privacy act out there. I would definitely not let that guy sell me my car.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006