SRS found out I have a 1/2 sister somewhere in the world..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Matt2000ss, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss Active Member OT Supporter

Apr 5, 2002
    Dad died 10 years ago. He was in the military and has been all over the world. I was talking to my mom lastnight about all kinds of stuff. She told me that my dad fathered a child in Tailand when he was stationed there in the 60s. This was before he met my mom. She only found out after they were already married. My dad had received a letter from his daughter in tailand. My mom was hurt but said that she would support whatever he decided to do. She says that she never heard about it again.

My mom says that I'm the only one of 4 kids that knows about it. She herself knows nothing more about it. My dad never spoke of it and she never brought it up bc of the painfull memory.

I'm still digesting this info. I'm not sure what to think. My dad was a great guy who did alot for us. Is this Tai girl my half-sister? did my dad abandon her? She obvously thought enough to write my dad years later. Should i try to find her? I wouldnt even know where to start..

Not even sure why i'm posting this other then to sort my thoughts.. Not even sure what kinda replies to expect.
  2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Mar 4, 2005
    Why not find her. Unless it would really hurt your mom's feelings if you did, I think it would be kind of nice. Besides, she was fathered before your dad met your mom so it wasn't like he was cheating or anything. But it would be sad for this girl if she had a father that never got to meet her his entire life...maybe you could bring her some of that closure and gain yourself another member of your family.
  3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

May 29, 2000
    Yes she is your half-sister. There's no way to know if he abandoned her or not. Perhaps her mother said that she would raise her alone and didn't want your dad's help. It's up to you whether you want to find her or not. You aren't obligated to find her if you don't want to. Before you consider looking for her you need to think about what you would be trying to accomplish by finding her.