SRS Found Out Friend Is Using Meth :(

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by S4Driver, Jan 5, 2007.

1. S4Driver

S4Driver New Member

So I got a "butt-dailed" call, last night, from a buddy's wife. She and my buddy have recently seperated so there is a lot of bullshit surrounding them. ANyways, I thought she was in trouble so I answered a phone call from her at 4 am this morning. Once I picked up I could hear her talking and then walking to her car with some dude. She then proceeded to snort this shit, while talking about it to this guy I don't know. I listened for 10 minutes then hung up.

What can I do? She's lying to everyone right now about this and many other things. I feel like no matter what ANYONE says, she won't even admit she's using! Is there some way I could maybe call the cops and have her pulled over, so the police could arrest her with dope on her? Is that even an option (prolly not)????

I am sure there is someone that could point me in the right direction to helping her, but I think there is nothing I can do really. The meth use does explain so much of her recent behavior. It just sucks, I am in shock right now.

2. AKA

AKA New Member

Tell her what you heard, Tell her what the conversation was about, Tell her you know she is doing meth. She might tell you to fuck off or she might break down and have some relief the someone knows. Thats not something you can just tell anymody.

DO NOT CALL THE POLICE.

If she is your friend you will try to help her not put her in jail.

3. sicksensedkawai

sicksensedkawai New Member

meth is AWFUL its probably the worst thing you can do to yourself short of suicide. im so sorry. chances of recovery slim to none. yeah but def dont call the cops, that wont help anyone.

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i have 7 1/2 yrs of clean time that would disagree with that. its just hard, but very, very possible.

what can you really do? nothing, sadly. check out al-anon for more help. consult with family, treatment centers for advice. Police if necessary.

5. sicksensedkawai

sicksensedkawai New Member

^you definitely fall into the [slim to none] category. congratulations though, thats amazing, inspiring even. none of the meth heads i know have come even close. thats really great for you. :)!!

6. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i was a junkie by the time i was 18. its a rough life, but recovery is very possible, the trick is to go to any length to stay clean. ive spent nights on sponsors floors crying, ive been rescued when suicidal, and done that for others. here's how:

NA membership, work steps, have a sponsor, be of service to others, regular meeting atendeance, and always call a member first! its not always easy, hell at seven years clean i called my sponsor late at night cuz i couldnt see how i could make it through the night clean. but i did :)

7. Discovery44

Discovery44 Thread Killer

It is possible, but so many fucking people fail. My Dad, supposedly sober for 8 years, definetely relapsed about 6 months ago. So fuck him. :o

8. Metal

Metal Active Member

In for supporting those of us who are sober on OT... I think it is important to show those who are struggling with various addictions that there is in fact great hope of a better, sober, way of living our lives. I've got 4 1/2 Months without a drink or drug and I feel great! It works if you work it! So work it, you're worth it! :wavey:

9. faulkton

faulkton New Member

You should tell your buddy, and anyone else who knows her.

You cant really help her unless she wants help, but you can warn others not to lend her money or fall for her tweaker games.