SRS found out about her ex and dont know how to take it.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jimmy2Times, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Jimmy2Times

Jimmy2Times New Member

dont wanna get too much into the history but there is this girl and we have been really into eachother for the past month. havent asked her out but we have gone out together and we have plans for next week. things are going good so far.

I talked to her earlyer and asked her when her last relationship was
    this is what I got:
    -broke up 4 months ago - they were together for 3 months - she broke it off - he made her feel bad about herself (not purposely) - she was doing fine untill he started talking to her again (happend recently) - says she feels confussed and emotionally sick because she doesnt know what he wants from her - he wants a second chance and she doesnt know why - she doesnt know what to do

after her last message she asked when we are getting togehter and what movie were gonna see

I responed and after that she said she had to go she said her goodbyes and went off.

I really dont know what to think of this..I just finally got over my ex..took us a year after the break up to finally move on..it was a really unhealthy relationship..finally had some comfort of being alone and then I ended up having an interest for this girl..and now im getting into this without knowing what im getting myself into..is this anything to worry about from what i've heard?

2. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

If you like her you need to start making sure these "outings" are actual dates. If you are just hanging out with her hoping that things will fall into your lap and that one day she'll wake up as your girlfriend, then you will definitely lose her to this ex boyfriend because he at least has the balls to tell her that he wants her.

If you do get her, you need to show a backbone and tell her that you won't date someone who messes around with an ex boyfriend that want's them back. In a relationship it would be wrong of her to continue to do this and you should not put up with this either-even at the cost of any potential relationship between the two of you.

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Diggity said it all. Movie != date. If you are paying her way, talking about her ex, and not intimate with her then you are a sucker. AKA, doormat.

By the way, a smart man never talks about ex's. It can only cause problems. If she IS with the ex, dump her ASAP. No contact.

4. johan

johan Active Member

Girl starts talking about an ex. That's your signal to put up or shut up.
    Put your arm around her and start in on it. You know what I'm talking about.

If it's not feeling intimate and datelike, then make it so. Assuming that's what you really want. If it is, but you're just too shy/inhibited/insecure to make that move...well, here's your chance.

It's really not in anyone's interest to listen to her drone on about her ex, plus its somewhat disrespectful.

Either she's testing you, or else she's not interested, and you need to find out which...NOW.

5. HipHopHead

HipHopHead Well-Known Member

They were together 3 months. Dosen't sound like too much to worry about, I mean, how serious could it have been?

6. Jimmy2Times

Jimmy2Times New Member

thanks a lot guys for the advice..seems really good and logical too..the way I look at it is it could be worse..she could of said she misses him and all that stuff but it didnt go there..so we will go out ill see how it goes and take it from there