Found New Hardware Wizard

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sexual Vanilla, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

What would cause Windows XP to run the "Found New Hardware Wizard" rather than simply installing a USB mouse automatically? I've used this same mouse on two different computers running Windows XP, one installed automatically (with display near the clock that says "Your new hardware is ready to use, blah blah blah"), but the other forced me to use the "Found New Hardware Wizard" and was unable to install when I clicked "Install this hardware automatically." Any ideas? :dunno:

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I think win tries to load the hardware using the most common drivers. If it fails then I think it launches the found new h/w wizard so you know it's not working and can redirect the OS to your other drivers. Perhaps the machine that it failed on has and OS that needs to be patched. Perhaps there is a problem with the USB port. Perhaps there's a conflict with another device.

I'd try a different USB port first, then just search the net for your device drivers and d/l them...have them ready to go whn you try plug in th emouse.

3. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Hmm...that may be the problem...lovely Microsoft.