GUN found my cheap 2 cr123a forward click flashlight

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soybomb, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I posted a couple weeks ago asking about one and I don't think anyone really knew where to find a cheap 2 123a light with a forward switch tailcap. To me this is the best combination to leave with a home defense handgun. A light push on the tail cap gives you a flash of light, full push and you can lock the light on and set it down somewhere. No multiple modes to go through, blinding light or nothing.

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-55/Romisen-RC-dsh-F4-CREE-Q5/Detail
    Ships from the US so it arrives fast, shipping was only a couple bucks. So far I'm happy and believe I got way more for my money with this light than a surefire g2.

The body diameter is about .88 inches though so if you wanted to try using it on an ar in a 1" ring you'd need to wrap it first.

2. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Looks nice, I've heard good things about the CREE Q5 LEDs but still have to get one for myself. How tight do the batteries fit in it width wise? It would be a killer light if you could fit an 18650 rechargeable Li-Ion in there and get over 2.5 hours of runtime at full power without having to keep paying for CR123's

3. R134

R134 New Member

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

supposedly it'll take a 17670 but I like regular lithium cells for my defense light so I didn't investigate much

other guy: check this ligh out http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=6975 There aren't a lot of reviews out on it yet but it seems to be the well reviewed akoray k-109 with a q5 led. Programmable brightness modes, a safety for rechargeable batteries that can be disabled for regular...it seems like quite a single cell light. Mine is currently on the slow boat from china.