Found and odd combo that worked tonight on...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Paulie Walnuts, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Some hard ass green Mazda paint. I got as aggressive as a Megs Burg pad and SIP. So I said fuck it, lets try the power gloss. I didnt want to because every time I have before its left more swirls than it made. Got out a 6.5 inch white LC CCS pad and ran around 1500 rpms on the Makia and it finished damn near LSP ready in some spots.

Tomorrow it will be pink moose followed by carnauba moose wax then get this fucker out of my garage.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I've had that happen a lot. Stuff that normally works doesn't but then something else does.

3. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

I've found that with power gloss, just keep working it. It will break down. Sometimes I can get it almost LSP ready.

4. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

I've always had good luck with Power Gloss too. It does dust like crazy though, I like to mix OP to cut down on the dust.

5. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Me too, I hate that :o You look at the paint and think, ah this combo should work, and it barely touches it... then you have to start with different combos and figure out the best one.

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i just hate switching out the pads. product interference is a bitch. what kills me is using a combo that should be very harsh (yellow CCS and OHC) and it not working, then step down to an orange CCS with just OC or something else, and it busts through the problem. :hsughno: