Found a new tool in the oddest place.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Buck-O, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

So today I'm working on a clients car...a VERY nasty clients car.

(skip if you dont want details on the car)
    The short stroy is, its the car of the son, of an acquaintance of mine who asked me to detail it for him, because his son was coming back from basic training, and he wanted him to have a nice car. Now the nasty part, the car hasbeen sitting under a tree in his back yard for 3 months...in the northwest, thats a sin.
    Not to mention the cars interior was leather, and had Coke spilled all over it, and somthing that looking like a milkshake splattered on every glass surface in the car. Sickening... 7 hours later though, it looks almost brand new. But unfortunatly, even after a clay bar, and swirl remover, and glaze, and S100...its still scratched to shit. Poor, poor car. :hs:
    (ok, back to normal here)

So i needed to dust the dash, and interior of the car before treating the vinyl. But i have a problem, i just finally got a real California car duster the day before (not the cheap, worthless Turtlewax knockoffs), so they are still sitting curine thimselves. So in my search for a dusting towel, i find , of all things, a Swiffer Duster sample in the kitchen. So, i pop in out, not expecting much, and give it a try. Damn, i was i suprised! THis thing KICKS ASS! It grabs dust as well as the California Dash Duster, but it has one distinct advantage...size. Or, Lack there of. Its small enough to fit in the small gaps, cracks, and crevaces where you simple cant get with the CDD. Like the edge of the dash and windsheild by the defroster vents, it fits all the way back there. And becuase its static bassed, theres no worry of getting any parafin on the windsheild. But, the Swiffer Duster also fits in spots like...VENTS! You can put it all the way through the vent holes, and get all the dust out of them. And get the funke areas like the crevaces between the stearing column, and the wheel or dash. Plus it gets into change compartments, ash trays, glove boxes, storage spots, etc.
    So from now on, Im going to have a Swiffer Duster in my kit. I would recemend grabbing a small box of them and giving them a try, i mean, shit, if you dont like it, the least it can do is dust your TV. ;)

:bowdown::bowdown:[​IMG]

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

How expensive are these and how many come in a box?

3. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

After trying out the sample one, i went looking for some...Walmart, had them for $3.48, for the wand and 5 refills.
    But each duster pad goes a long way, and can be used over a few times with no problems at all.

4. Dr. Woo

Dr. Woo Guns don't kill people

I use a CDD / toothbrush combo.

My CDD can't seem to keep the dust and lint off my stereo area...might have to try this swiffer thing out.

5. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Yeah, it worked great on the HVAC guages, stero face, and one spot where it worked exceptionally well, was down in the map holder on the doors. the wand is only an inch wide, so it can reach all the corners and get down there easily. Somthing a CDD cant do.

Like i said, it will be a perminend fixture in my kit from now on.

6. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

whatd you charge the guy? curious

7. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Becuase he had hooked me up in the past and got me a good deal, i hooked him up, and only charged him $100. Normally i would ask $150 for somthing this through.

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:cool: I'll have to snag some.