Forum Software

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lowfat, Jul 12, 2005.

1. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I'm thinking about redoing my forum. Right now it is setup with Ikonboard 3.1.2a. I don't mind it, but I've heard that much better forum software exists. I'm new to this though, so it has to be very userfriendly.

If you have suggestions would you be so kind to list some pros and cons of it? Thanks. :)

2. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

I believe that OT uses a hacked version of vbulletin, which costs money, may or may not matter.

Otherwise phpBB is another big one. It's open source so its free too which sounds like something you want if you are just trying things out.

3. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I don't mind if I have to pay for it. I just want some more options, and an easy to use setup. One of the biggest things I'm trying to get working is the fact that it's a car site, but it's next to impossible for us to set up a page where members can showcase their vehicles. There is no way to set it up with Ikonboard so that members are updating it themselves, or anything. It doesn't seem like I can customize the options available for member profiles.

4. Flix1023

Flix1023 New Member

5. EagerZeroedThick

EagerZeroedThick New Member

vBulletin

anything else dont bother