WEB Forum Admin. Needed for GAM3RS.ORG?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tag, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Tag

Tag New Member

I need help!

I need a admin to help run this new forum. In return I offer 50% of the revenue using ad rotators.

I'm in the process of setting up the hosting and vbulletin software.

Any one know where I can find a admin that will help me?

2. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

why start a forum if it even isn't established?
    dude get real seriously

3. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

because he has a sweet domain name.... :rolleyes: surely it will take off with a name like that!

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I'll help you set it up, but I charge $1000. PM me and I'll show you some of the sites I run and have setup. My last site that I setup is first page ranked on Google and gets 2500 uniques per day after only 5 months.

5. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

Serious answer for you...
    Nobody with any skill will help you for free as the amount of work required to establish, setup and promote a forum is worth more than the amount of return you would likely achieve from it.

The "forum" business is not a business you can simply jump into, most if not all succesful forums are like that not because someone purchased a cool domain name or had a great idea, they grew into sucesful businesses from becoming popular and gaining a reputable membership base.

So, with that being said, it is HIGHLY unlikely anyone would succeed in building a business model entirely from the idea of creating a forum. To try it, create the forum yourself, gain some knowledge on the setup and how to promote it and if you are lucky, ungodly lucky and smart, you "may" have a chance of actually making enough profit to cover your hosting fees.

6. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Agreed. That's why I charge $1k. :naughty:

The thing that also kills me about new forums is the fact that most new site owners simply won't listen to good advice. I can't tell you the number of forum owners I've tried to help who ignore critical advice, and then 6 months later wonder why things are not improving.

The one bit of advice I can give you for free: If someone else has a forum and it's doing great, COPY their ideas. "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" goes a long way when trying to make a good site. After that, *carefully* INNOVATE so that your site has more features and is more USEFUL than other sites.

The #1 rule for a forum? Focus on delivering quality content in a way that is EASY TO READ!