MMA Forrest Griffin

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by roose, Jun 20, 2008.

1. roose

roose Guest

Will beat Rampage on July 5th and be the first 100% TuF champion.

He will outwork and outhustle Jackson for all 5 rounds and take a unanimous decision. Call it the couture factor, Forrest will employ a perfect gameplan to tire out rampage and break his spirits. It will be a cautious fight on Forrests part.

Then he will get KTFO by A.Silva on the NYE card. :bowdown:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2008
  2. he can't handle rampage on the feet, he can't get him down, and he can't sub him. I don't think he can handle the amount of punishment rampage can dish out long enough to gas him out.

3. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

false

4. what part of it is false?

5. roose

roose Guest

Rampage is very overrated.

6. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Forrest and Rampage are very similar fighters standup guys with solid boxing and decent wrestling. Pages wrestling is better but I dont see this going to the ground I dont know if Forrest has a chance guy has good standup and is tough as hell.

7. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

the fucker has no quit though, and can take one hell of a beating. KO power in both hands, an animal on the ground and is very very difficult to submit. it is no fluke he is a champ. that being said i think forrest is a very interesting matchup for him and i cant wait to see who will be the aggressor.

8. Rampage's standup skills are very underrated. He's not just a brawler. He has a very refined style, even if he throws big punches. He's very technically good defensively. Watch his fights with Cyrille Diabate.

9. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

:werd: I think himself and Forrest are 2 of the best standup guys technically.

10. roose

roose Guest

Five of rampages last 8 fights have been against guys that normally fight at 185. Four of the five were decisions, with two being split decisions.

Rampage had trouble with lindland and trouble with hendo, both guys are smaller than him. Forrest will be the bigger guy and I think itll give Rampage fits.

He could land a punch like he did against Liddell, I think forrest will be too smart to stand and exchange like Liddell.

11. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

The real question is can Forrest do those things to him?

12. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I think Forrest will win too, proving TUF1 the best season (which we already all knew - Forrest, Kenny Florian, Stephan Bonnar, Koscheck, Diego Sanchez).

13. roose

roose Guest

This thread is helping me avoid the fact that I dont have a hotel/hostel booked for tonight. :noes:

In Kyoto, on my way to Nara. Might sleep under a bridge or something. :sadwavey:

14. roose

roose Guest

At the time they had the cream of the unknown crop to pick from. Each season has seen less guys stick.

15. Not Cyrille Diabate. Cyril Abidi.

16. roose

roose Guest

Im looking online son. Everything is booked. Hitting the pavement very shortly.

17. He's only been subbed by Sakuraba back when he knew nothing (and gassed horrible) Who ever controlled him on the ground? (unless you're talking about Arona's guard work).

18. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Rampage will beat Forrest. I bet his whole purse on it.

19. Look at it from a style perspective. Rampage relentlessly closes distance with guys. This runs him into trouble with guys that want to tie him up and work stuff from front headlocks (random I know, but Rampage is ALWAYS getting into guillotines). Same thing as when he fought Murillo Bustamante.

Furthermore, earlier in his career, Rampage hasn't had any trouble bullying around big guys like Satake (who sucks but is huge) or Igor or Randleman or Mikhail Illoukhine. It's not like he needs to be bigger than them to be a dominant fighter.

20. Bustamante, Ninja, Lindland, Henderson, and Randleman (when he was a real contender)

fall into which of those categories?

21. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I don't think Forrest can KO him though. It took a ton of brutal knees for rampage to actually go down and even then 2 out of 3 times he was never actually knocked unconcious.

Forrest's best chance standing is good leg kicks and just jabbing. Letting rampage get on the inside is gonna get ugly fast for forrest.

22. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

You guys are ridiculous. Rampage is stronger, faster, has a better chin, better wrestling, and more than enough submission defense to defend himself from forrest on the ground; althought it likely wont go to the ground unless rampage takes it there, or slips on a banana peel.

The only time Rampage has really been KOd is against wanderlei but there isn't a human being in the world who can take that many knees/punches to the chin and stay standing. Rampage also has great cardio, he went 5 rounds with Hendo and looked like he could go a few more.

I think forest's only chance of winning is taking up Machidas fighting style like he sorta did against hector ramirez; he'll need to use his reach advantage and move in/out and maybe pull out a decision win or frustrate rampage and wait for him to make a mistake.

EDIT: I forgot, Rampage COULD get guillotined but i think he'll be smarter than that. But shit...if CB subbed Rampage with a guillotine within like 5 seconds im sure forrest could sneak one in sometime in the 4th or 5th round.

23. The Shogun fight shouldn't be counted as a KO for analysis purposes (yes it's a loss and a legitimate one). Rampage went down because of the rib and wasn't even near being KO'd. He just couldn't fight back and quit. It has nothing to do with how well he takes punishment.

24. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

Serra was the first TUF'er to win a championship

25. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

:werd: forrest is gonna have to stay on the outside, landing jabs and leg kicks and gtfo when rampage tries to get inside on him.