MMA Former PRIDE exec Jerry (Gary) Millen trying to get back into MMA

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

by Matt Caplan
    www.fiveouncesofpain.com

I caught up with former PRIDE executive Jerry Millen and told him that Pride 33 was the best card of 2007 – hands down! – and he explained that he helped put together Diaz vs. Gomi and Henderson vs. Wanderlei, despite some objection to Henderson getting a title shot before Rogerio Nogueira. Did you know that after Diaz beat Gomi, he called Millen to thank him for the opportunity to fight in PRIDE?

We spoke some more about PRIDE and the UFC, Anderson Silva’s dominance, Wanderlei Silva vs. Chuck Liddell (which he seems to think is a go), Big Nog inevitably becoming UFC heavyweight champ, Randy, and lots more. Suffice it to say that Millen does not like Dana White at all!

As for what he’s up to in the MMA world, Millen told me that he’s received plenty of offers, but that he’s waiting for the right one. My fifteen-minute conversation with Millen could be its own post –and a fascinating one at that – but overall, he was quite accommodating and showed plenty of love for 5 Oz. of Pain.

2. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Everyone seems to hate the guy, but he has a lot of experience.

I wouldn't mind him jumping on with Elite or M-1

3. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Dana pissed all over him when they bought pride.