Former I.T. Guys Password

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by OakleyTodd, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

So the former I.T. guy quit at our company recently, and I have been asked to take over his tasks. Anyhow, the guy was a freak when it came to security on the server. He protected the meaningless stuff, and left the important info open to anyone.

One of the strange things he did is he placed all the machine programs from one of the machining departments onto a portable hard drive, instead of the server so they could be backed up. We have disconnected this drive, and pointed the machines to a shared drive to be backed up nightly.

Anyhow, on this portable HD, he password protected one particular folder. He was instructed to write down all network passwords before he left, but none work on this one folder. Being that this HD is owned by the company, the owner wants to get into it to see whats on it. The old I.T. guy doesn't respond to requests for the password.

Is there anyway to recover the info in the folder, or break the password? Technically the HD belongs to the company, so im not asking to break into something that isn't mine.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.