Formatting a laptop and needing XP drivers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ww_Crimson, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop and I'm having trouble locating drivers for it online. I want to get rid of garbage vista and put XP on it but I won't do it until I'm sure I've got all the drivers I need. Does anyone have a recommendation of where I can find them? I didn't have a lot of time to look but the Toshiba website seemed pretty useless.

Don't have the particular model # in front of me for the laptop but its an AMD Turion processor with an ATi graphics chipset.

2. Johnny Fever

Johnny Fever Active Member

Not trying to be a smartass, but I've been through what you want to do, and your choices are as follows:

1. Turn the laptop over, read the model # from the back, and search the Toshiba website for hardware details and drivers. I would be surprised if they're not on the site.
    2. Search the web using the model # and the words "XP" and "Vista." Someone else has probably done what you want to do.
    3. Use a utility like Everest, and search the web for XP drivers for each piece of hardware.

The Toshiba website should be looking better about now.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

It can't be much harder than looking up the model number on the Toshiba site like said above...

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Toshiba's website is actually pretty awesome for drivers. I've run into issues with installing a couple of them of course, but never had any problem finding it.