Formatted MicroSD card, now....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Changed, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Changed

Changed Guest

and none of the files I load onto the card via PC show up when I insert the MicroSD card into my phone (LG envy). And, pictures don't show up when I put the card in my laptop.

anybody?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2008
  2. Changed

Changed Guest

3. Changed

Changed Guest

somebody please answer this.

4. Changed

Changed Guest

okay, so apparently Verizon makes you use the Syn software and a USB cable, but this dude on another forum said:

MP3 files only for the ENV. If you have a memory card reader (or a laptop with a card reader built into it) and a usb port you won't have to use the software. Just plug the card into the card reader (if you have a laptop than you can plug the card directly into the computer). Open the card and transfer the music you would like to hear to the music folder and your done. Its really that simple, no disks, no "verizon kit" and no 'SYNC'ing.

Good luck

My laptop has the card reader built in, but it still doesn't work...

5. somebody5788

somebody5788 New Member

I have an env as well. I just put the fresh card in the phone use the phone's format utility then put the card into a card reader and drag and drop onto the music folder. Also you can download bitpim and back up all of your phone stuff if you have a usb cable (can put ringtones on it too or rip the ones you payed for off) I have used plenty of different files w/ the bitpim program and not had a problem idealy the phone likes midi files for ringtones but the program allows mp3 and wma and wav and many more and if you put them on the phone as a sound file you can txt them to your friends w/ verizon and they can save them as ringtones (txt your self and they can be saved as a ringtone as well)

6. Changed

Changed Guest

Well I'm just trying to transfer picture files from phone --> computer and music (for listening) from computer --> phone.

So you can transfer files back and forth through your card reader? I don't see why that method isn't working for me.

7. somebody5788

somebody5788 New Member

Do you have the files saving to the memory card or the phone memory? It should work just fine if you have them saving correctly. The music should work as well as long as you formatted the card w/ the cell phone and not the pc. This way you have the appropriate folders.

8. Changed

Changed Guest

Ohhh.... when I format the card wth my phone and then try to access it with the computer it says it isn't formatted... :dunno:

9. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

I have a similar weird problem with my Voyager.

I initially got my sdMicro card and could plug it into my computer and drag and drop files onto it.

Then for some reason I formatted it with my phone and now when I plug it into my computer it doesn't even see it (no errors or nothing, just nothing happens). The card works on my phone though so I don't really care because I can just transfer stuff with bitpim.

10. Sean Connery

Sean Connery New Member

That's odd. So it worked initially with a format from your PC? You could reformat it and go back to that