GUN Form 1 crew, going to do my first Trust weapon

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dpixel8, Jun 22, 2008.

1. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

Going to be building a SBR going the trust route. Just curious, is it possible to also make this weapon full auto, with another tax stamp? Also what are the cost implications involved in making it full auto? For some reason I am thinking that you can't actually manufacture anything F.A. post-ban....maybe I'm wrong.

:dunno:

2. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Cant do it legally. No new registration and manufacturing of machine guns for individuals.

If you want it to be a machine gun, spend $7k-9k on a Lightning Link or a Drop in Auto Sear. Or the $9k-20k on a registered receiver.

3. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

yeah that's what I assumed. already have a full auto bullpup that is pre-ban, I just wanted to see.

much easier without it anyways. this is so much more fun than dealing with CLEO :cool:

4. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

pics nga

5. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

pics of what? it's not done yet. getting the Trust setup today and gotta send out the forms this week

6. imperial

imperial Lurker | Gun | STI Crew OT Supporter

What is required to set up a living trust? I just purchased another stripped lower receiver yesterday and I am going to build an SBR this time around...

7. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

I just got Willmaker 07 and from what I read, it's pretty straightforward. Make the trust up, have it notarized, fill out the form 1, send it all with your $200 to the BATF

8. Initial E

Initial E New Member

I've found that if you're going to just do an SBR, CLEO sign off > Trust.

If you're going to do multiple items at once (i.e. SBR & Suppressor) trust is the way to go.

I got my CLEO signoff last friday and it was painless. Walked in, caught the sheriff at the right moment, he asked me a few questions, and walked out under 10 min.

Trusts on the other hand, definitely need to be looked over by someone who's filed one out before. And never delegate a Trustee who can petition you to be mentally unstable, even if it's family members.

9. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i'd only go the trust route if the cleo wouldn't sign off, personally.

10. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

I disagree. I like the trust route particularly FOR family members. I want my wife to be able to own and possess my NFA items when I'm not home, or if I die. I don't want her to have to sell them or pay for more tax stamps just to keep them if all the forms were done with me as an individual.

11. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Unless you have talked to a lawyer, there are so serious questions to if a Trustee or Benefactor has the rights to have the weapons while you are still alive. e.g.: you leave the house with the safe open, are they in violation.

No one really knows from what I have read.