MMA Forgoing competing in this weekends Tiger Balm...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by 2000GT, Mar 13, 2006.

1. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

This weekend is a large local tournament called Tiger Balm. I was planning on competing in the face contact kickboxing, but just decided to forget about it as the extra stress from training and worrying about the damn thing is just too much for me right now.
    I have competed once before in kickboxing, and I did farely well for a first time out, but it physically drained me and mentally drained me.

I couldnt help but post this as a few tournament videos have been posted recently, and the competitors have mentioned that they too were very stressed and worried about it.

How do you guys cope? ( I mean its not like fighting a full fledged MMA fight, but its certainly quite a stressfull thing for us new comers )

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

speaking of videos, I will get my naga vids posted when my friend sends me the footage. And the way I tried to cope with the stress was to actually take the tournament lightly. I had the mentality that I was the very best guy in that division, and that I would win no matter what. Having my team mates with me also helped make it more fun and less stressful.

3. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Last week, the week of the tourny was probably one of the worst weeks I've had all year and not just due to the tourny. I had my car taken away due to an accident and my parents were going rampage on me, I had a test on Friday, my job, school, and the fact that I daydreamed about the tourny almost every day didn't help much to my stress problem. Everything that could've gone wrong, pretty much went wrong, I only got one workout in that week and that really worried me because I thought I was going to be outa shape for the tourny.

But you know what? It was all worth it, to know that I tried my best and have the results show really made it all worth it. I had a double shift on Sunday, the day after the tourny and it was from 10am-10:30am and I didn't mind really because all I could think about was the tournament and I was replaying the matches in my head.

It was a stressful week but its just part of life I guess? I can't say much though since I'm only 19 lol

I hope you reconsider your decision to enter the tourny, your training would go to waste if you didn't, whether you lose or win, just knowing that you gave it your all should be worth it. And if you didn't, just train harder for the next competition.

4. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Guest

FUCKING RIGHTS MAN :werd::werd::werd: