SRS Forgetfull (anonymous thread)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I used to be somewhat forgetful as a kid but during the past few weeks (last two especially), I feel like I keep forgetting things man. I lost my wallet when drunk once, then last week I left my food at the bus stop and got on the bus. Now yesterday I went to this book store, bought a book, and walked out with the receipt but didn't take the book from them :ugh:. What the fuck is happening to me? And now I can't afford a shrink here, my insurance only works in my home town. I am not going back for another two weeks and probably will only be there for a month. Does anyone have an idea?. I have also been having trouble communicating with people and like feel depressed for stupid shit. It wasn't always there but maybe it just all surfaced now. I was wondering if anyone would know?. It's pissing me off because now I have to go back to the bookstore and pick the book up, normal life is becoming hard for me. I used to be a genius in high school but now I feel like my brain is not working :wtc:

2. porsch1909

porsch1909 OT Supporter

Sounds like common stuff to me. Losing your wallet whilst drunk certainly isn't any cause for concern.

You just have to keep your wits about you. Stop rushing when you buy stuff to leave. In all honesty the person who took the money from you should have given you the book as well so it's not entirely your fault.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My SO is the most forgetful person I've ever met, yet we attribute it to the fact that he's most forgetful when he's stressed about something else going on. So, is there anything going on in your life right now that is upsetting you?

4. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Was going to say the same thing. I attribute a lot of my forgetfulness to stress. When I'm bogged down the most, I usually end up forgetting things because I get sidetracked and my mind wanders to whatever has been bothering me.

5. oakback

oakback New Member

That sounds like small potatoes, I consider myself way more forgetful than what you described.

The cause for concern though is that it's a change from what's normal for you. Stress or depression can cause forgetfulness.

If everything else is totally fine and hunky-dory, and you're only worried about the forgetfulness, there are ways of dealing with it. I keep all my appointments in an electronic calendar (Outlook syncs with Google Calendar syncs with my Ipod touch) with audible reminders for each event. I take lists with me to stores. I have routines for lots of regular actions (what I grab before exiting the vehicle, checking my pockets before leaving any house, etc.). I try to always keep things in the exact same place. For example, if my keys are not in the ignition, in my pocket, or hanging on my key hook, someone else moved them.

6. no lol today

no lol today Soy la bailarina de la muerta. OT Supporter

If it's so disturbing go get checked by a neurologist. How old are you? You technically can have strokes or clots at any age but of course it's less likely if you're young.

If you can go see a regular med doc & rule out anything physiological before signing up for a shrink maybe you should. If they see nothing wrong maybe they even have good referrals for your specific case :big grin: