TAT Forearm/wrist tattoos and jobs...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kato, Mar 12, 2004.

1. kato

kato Guest

Hey, I was considering getting a tattoo on either my wrist or on my forearm over the summer... not sure yet what, just weighing my options. For those of you who have tats in these places, have you ever had any of your employers have an issue with them? Just wondering, and what you people did about tattoos in visible places....

PS - I am a lurker, I know. No need to remind me.

2. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

I would say it all depends on your career you go into. Some careers it will be accepted others it will not. I sucks that its like this, but I think eventually it will be accepted all over.

I wore shorts to my job and had no reaction, and I have a cautery brand from my ankle to my knee. But when I left and went to the mall, thats when I got some nasty looks.

3. kiss kiss bang bang

kiss kiss bang bang New Member

it all depends on the career. but theres nothing wrong with wearing long sleeves. i know a few schoolteachers with their arms sleeved.

although, when i worked as a mechanic at a honda dealership, i was told i couldnt wear shorts because of the tats on my legs :/

4. Sparky511

Sparky511 Leben ist gut.

I worked for a tech support company, and one of the big dogs there was talking to me once about tattoo's. He says "I have a few" and I was like "really where?" So he unbuttons his sleeve and rolls it up and he had some really kick ass ones on his arm. I had no idea at all that he even had them. Then when I thought about it, he did always wear long sleeves.....

5. StarDamage

StarDamage Good grief! OT Supporter

I am working in a library at the mo and have quite a few tats on my whole arm. I wear long sleeved shirts to work so no-one knows I have em. People are pretty used to seeing people with tats these days. That said, I still dont think I will wear a t-shirt to work any day soon.

6. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

Depends on the job. While it is more accepted to have tattoos these days, it is a trend that comes and goes. I would suggest expressing your individuality in a different manner, but if you do decide to do it, there is nothing wrong with long sleeves. Keep in mind, however, that other peoples opinions of you DO matter in a job enviroment, and that while a boss may be ok with it co-workers may not be, also, potential clients may have an issue. Regardless of what people say it WILL narrow your job choices and it WILL affect you, possibly negatively.

That being said, there are plenty of places that will hire individuals with visible tattoos. If you decide to, keep them tasteful. Naked women adorning your wrist may endear you to the rest of the trailer park, but a potential employer will worry about his customers.

7. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

I agree with the comments above it does depend on the career you have. True tattoo's are the "in" thing at the moment they have been around forever and will continue to be around well after theit style points fade :rofl:

You could always just wear long sleeves at work if there was an issue with showing ink. I'm sure subject matter of the piece would play into its acceptance as well. Not sure the sales guy at Best Buy should be showing off his flaming vagina tattoo while he sells me a computer;)

Just my .02

8. echidna

echidna New Member

i have one on each wrist, and i have had no problems. you can cover them up with a watch, bracelet, and makeup. but makeup makes it look like a bruise. but long sleeves do get tiring after a while.