***FORD*** inside info! Mustang/SVT/lincoln/tbird/more!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BLoG, Feb 27, 2004.

1. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

Take these with a grain of salt, but they are supposedly reliable. My comments in red

*Mustang's chassis is called D2C. You'll see alot of that chassis within a few years. It will have IRS on all future applications. The solid axle will be a Mustang only item.

*The 05 Mustang GT will be putting down around 280hp to the rear wheels (rated at 305) That's about 320 at the crank

*When the Lincoln LS is redone, it will be on the D2C. It will also be called the Continental.

*The Crown Victoria, the Marquis, and the Town Car will all get yet another reskining & interior. Yes, there will be another Crown Victoria.

*The so called "Premium Lincoln" will be based on an improved "Panther" chassis. Ford is certainally getting it's money's worth from that structure. No expected date yet. This will be the next chassis people bitch about being ancient now that the fox is dead

*SVT which will have no vehicles for 2005 (a model year that's actually only a few months long... 2006 MY begins January 2005) will have a multitude of vehicles by 2007. Mustang, Futura, Lightning, an unnamed Ford that's not the Five Hundred (Thunderbird??), a Lincoln, a Mercury, and a crossover vehicle. :cool:

*The Mark X was strictly a concept. If a Mark X does see production, it will have a different look. It's still likely to be based on the current T-bird, though.

*The next Thunderbird is well on it's way in the development cycle. The only thing that I can get is that it's going to be a 4 seater and based on D2C. I have no idea if it's going to be a coupe, a convertible, or what size it will be. Interesting. I'm glad it's sharing the D2C

*The Futura is to be a downsized dead ringer for the 427 concept. It's supposed to be quite a performer, and will be a Ford only car (no Mercury counterpart). Merc will get a crossover based on the car though. I call BS on it being a performer unless they are talking about the SVT version

*Mercury will also get a rebodied Mustang with automatic transmission and the GT's V8 engine. No word if it's going to be called Cougar or Capri (which will soon be in production in Europe on a FWD chassis). Awesome

*The next Lightning will outrun the Dodge Ram SRT-10!! Everyone already knew this

*The Lincoln Aviator concept is for all intents & purposes a production preview. I hope they keep the hardwood floor :o

*What's keeping Ford from importing a high performance Ford Falcon is that the Falcon isn't made in left hand drive (unlike Holden's current V series cars) and Ford's Australian plant has far less capacity than Holden's, who does extensive exporting to other countries unlike Ford Australia (Ford simply uses the Crown Victoria in the Middle East). Ford is considering building a Falcon-like vehicle here in the US on the D2C for Mercury, but it's not likely before 2008. Damn, that sucks, but at least it's an explanation that makes sense.

2. Tool

Tool Erect Member OT Supporter

3. 86 Bird

86 Bird eh

4. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

Panther = big rwd fords. Crown Vic, Town Car, etc.
    d2c = win
    futura is a small car, like altima sized (maybe a bit smaller)

5. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

6. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

ford's regular car lineup will be like this (ranked in increasing size)

focus, futura, fivehundred, freestyle (wagon), crown vic

7. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Fords is becoming the new Dodge.

8. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

:nono: we weren't bought out by :greddy europeans like SOME companies i could mention :mamoru:

9. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

Futura = Mazda 6 ;)

10. Bernout

Bernout OT Supporter

Exactly why Nissan had to completely design a new platform from scratch in order to bring the Skyline over here. :x:

11. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

That was just the random musings from someone who supposedly has insider knowledge. :dunno:

He also didn't mention any of the upcoming "ST" models, or any of the special edition mustangs, but we know they are coming.

My latest guess is that the SVT Mustang will be called the "Boss Cobra" and feature a nearly 500hp supercharged 5.4L 3v motor, and paddle shifters. And it would be priced a bit below the M3. :eek3: But that's just my educated guess :o

12. 93ex

93ex New Member

if I can own a capri again :wtc:

13. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

It looks like your avatar wants to say:

"I'm coming for you Hogan!"

14. Vagabond

Vagabond Nope. OT Supporter

Waiting to see SVT's Futura to replace my SVT Contour. I'm really hoping it will be AWD

15. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Ford?

16. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

1. Mustang dyno 280RWHP? I'll believe it when I see it. My guess is it'll do about 255 or so.

2. Glad to see SVT taking a break to rev up for a host of all new models. :bowdown:

3. Good to see the Thunderbird being redesigned, I really liked the last one, and it had one of Ford's sexiest interiors.

4. The Futura is the Ford flavor of the Mazda 6, with 427 styling it will be a wicked little car. Hopefully they'll have the door rust problem fixed by then. :hs:

5. A Mercury version of the Mustang is good, and as retro as the Mustang is I'm sure the Mercury will look substantially different, also a good thing.

6. I didn't care for the Aviator concept, I can't see it being a production vehicle as it is.

7. Don't discount the BA Falcon yet, I've read Ford has been frantically researching selling limited numbers of it here. Ford is also going to sell it in Europe.

17. iZero

iZero Guest

:werd: Ford has been run into the ground by an honest-to-god good ol' silver-spoon E-mer-kin!

18. iZero

iZero Guest

I'm still at a loss as to why Ford is trying to flood the market with a shitload of >$35,000 vehicles while leaving their bread and butter to suffer.

19. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

It doesn't matter, because it has vtec :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :o

20. TriShield

Ford's bread and butter is trucks and SUVs, all the old cars are going to be produced as fleet only vehicles.

21. KDubb

KDubb everyday I'm hustlin'

22. Seeker

Seeker Brofessional OT Supporter

I will buy a Falcon if it is sold here.

If the Futura is rwd(probably not), I'd give it a look too. What is supposed to be the difference between it and the Five Hundred?

23. Supreme Allah

Supreme Allah The terrorists won.

I WOULD SELL MY LEFT NUT FOR ONE OF THOSE NEW LIGHTNINGS.

MY LeFT NUT.

24. Seeker

Seeker Brofessional OT Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if the Five Hundred is fwd. Isn't the Cross Trainer crossover SUV supposed to be based off of it? Since it is supposed to be awd, that probably points to the Five Hundred being fwd...and V6 too. :down:

25. TriShield