Ford Focus Ignition issue

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tubachris85x, Jul 4, 2009.

1. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Having this really frustrating thing happening now, and I can't even get it to a mechanic or dealership to get it looked at.

I have a 2002 ford focus, no power lock, just basic everything. The issue that is arising, is that starting last month, my key ignition will lock up entirely and not allow me to even start the car. Only after a long period of time, ranging from 5 minute to over an hour, will it just randomly let me turn the key all the way. Some days, I didn't have this problem at all, and it worked just as it normally should. But yesterday and today, I can't even get it at all. I've spent almost an hour and a half, and I got no where.

I've already ruled out the cause of worn down key and that "coded" key thing. I have absolutly no idea, and theres no one that I can go to for this

2. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

fuck, wrong forum..i think..

3. MerkurMan

MerkurMan Gimme Nuts, Bolts and 12 Volts

Wiggle your steering wheel... might be the column lock fucking with you.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

^^^ I get that all the time. It's also possible it wants you to step on the brake pedal, and the brake light switch could be wearing out.

5. inferno22

inferno22 New Member

dude i had the same car, same problem. I eventually had to just get the ignition replaced