Ford Escape Sucks!

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guest, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I rented one for my Reno/snowboard trip and I must say it really sucks ass! The shifter was right in the way of the buttons to the radio stations and as soon as you turned of the heater it would immediately get cold again! The insulation on that SUV is the shits! I also didn't like the fact that you didn't have the choice of a 4wheel hi, 4 wheel low, etc when switching to 4x4 mode. It was 4x4 mode or nothing. It switch said "auto" and "4x4". The auto supposedly "automatically" switched to 4x4 mode when it lost traction. Otherwise it was rear wheel drive only. I didn't feel it come on when I spun the rear tires on ice as I was going into the gas station. Oh, and road noise sucked bad!

The only plus was the strong low end. The car seemed to handle decent as well. But the ergonomics of the dash and the other lacking details made this truck not a best buy!

2. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Ford Escapes were rated the lowest in a recent study when asked if you would buy the same vehicle again.

3. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I am disappointed in it then. I was somewhat impressed by its looks and considered getting one for the wife in a couple of years. But how does it compare to the other small SUV's in its class. I understand it would not hold up in comparison to most SUV's.

4. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Try a Jeep Liberty, best in class.

5. jeeps4u

jeeps4u OT's Master Tech

dont you own a CJ-7???????? why would you reccomend the most POS IFS Jeep in the planet? Have you no hatred for Chrysler and its means of cutting off the balls of the jeep name?

6. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

Well it doesn't sound like he needs a real Jeep, heck he looked at an Escape. So in the class he is looking at the Liberty is best. The Cherokee is no longer produced, the WJ costs more, and it doesn't sound like he wants a TJ.

7. jeeps4u

jeeps4u OT's Master Tech

can we say honda CRV... these new little "cute-utes" are such crap.. go buy a damn car

8. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I just read an article on these in Motor Trend. The 4cyl. ones are all front wheel drive but the V6 ones come with AWD. As for the CRV, that is supposed to be what they are competing with. SOme people want the best of econo cars and SUV clearance and roominess(they are small but rommier than the average econo-box).

9. nucl3ar

nucl3ar Guest

If you want something like that than get a good wagon, it will be all you need and more.