ford dealership :mad:

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Priest Tango, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

i want to strip the entire car (the wax and everything like that) and redo it all with quality products. and scott.....you werent kidding....dealer detailers = crap

[​IMG]
    i found shit like this all over the car....they did a good job of keeping it off the black plastic and outta the cracks.....but they left the wax on the side mirrors :ugh2: they didnt even bother to take it off:ugh:

2. Priest Tango

3. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

use dawn to strip it off.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Uh no. Dawn is a step backwards. You don't want to use soaps with strong degreasers in them. Any quality polish will remove the old residue and move the detailing process forward.

BTW, the other day, I detailed a black Toyota Sequoia that had been regularly washed with dish detergent. Ugh. The paint felt really dry and was beginning to dull.

5. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

My dad always washes his Ford Windstar with Palmolive... I tried taking some cleaner wax to a section of it, and couldn't really tell the difference between that panel and the one beside it when I was done :ugh:

That's what 5 years of dishsoap can do to your car.

6. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

at least your parents use soap, my best friend's dad uses plain water :ugh: and he says that wax is actually bad for your paint :ugh: no real surprise when you look at his cars :ugh2:

7. you know me

I was only suggesting dawn to strip all the wax, etc that was on the car already so that he had a good base to start with. After all the crap has been taken off, then apply your products to it.

8. TrboJunky

TrboJunky OT Supporter

Fords are made for the masses, the dealers hire the same quality people to detail the cars as Ford hires to make them. Quit your bitching and take it back and demand they clean it better. Why would you leave the dealership with it in that condition anyway?

9. Priest Tango

:ugh: im not gonna make a big deal outta wax residue all over, sorry. i have better things to do with my time

10. Scottwax

I understand, but dish soap is not good for the paint in general. Using a polish to remove old residue not only cleans it up but polishes the paint so you save a step.

11. you know me

I guess since Im doing it to my car I don't mind the extra step of polishing it after I use the dawn on it.

12. sony

sony Active Member

Hes not only saying you "save a step" but the Dawn isn't good for your paint either so you should avoid doing it or :sadwavey:paint =|

13. you know me

I've only done it once, then washed with Gold class car wash, clay, polish, wax, quick detail, IBIZ spray wax, tire gel on the tires.

14. Scottwax

Once or twice probably won't hurt, but I wouldn't make a habit of doing it every time you rewax.

BTW, the Gold Class wash is excellent. I am not real fond of the Gold Class wax because it dusts up, leaves residue and isn't very durable. Looks nice though.

15. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I asked this guy at work if he ever waxed his car (it rained, you could tell there was no wax on his vehicle). He says to me "I bought my first car back in '61 and waxed it up all the time and it rusted out on me 15 years later. That's what happens when you use wax."

:ugh:

16. you know me

I've only used it once on both cars and never since. I did use the gold class wax until I purchased the NXT wax. Im looking for something to top the NXT with. I used final inspection and looks great from what I saw in the garage, the next time I saw the car it was wet so I can't really tell how well it worked.

17. Scottwax

I'd use Meguiars #16 Pro Paste Wax to top NXT. It has a clear wet look so it won't really affect how NXT looks on your car, other than to add some depth. Very durable, old school paste wax. Appearance is similar to S100 but beads for a lot longer.

18. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

:) I've detailed the same exact car.

Dawn may or may not strip all of the wax. I say may or may not because I'm not sure if that's what proctor and gamble designed it to do, or you may miss a spot, streak it, whatever. It also could cause clear coat failure over time (obviously, people that use dawn don't wax their cars that often, or with things that are durable). I don't recommend it, as (the right) oils are beneficial to the paints health--NOT detrimental.