Ford Contour?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mac, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Mac

Mac It varies from season to season, kid. OT Supporter

im a student and im thinking of buying a 98 Contour for around 2500$, its got around 130000 km on it and its the V6 sport model. has anyone heard of major issues with this car? personal experiences? id appreciate any info you might have to give me. isi t a good car overall?

2. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

The V6 I'm told is a pain in the ass to work on, it's wedged in there pretty good, but it's not junk at least. The I4 Zetec is not really worse than the average FWD car from what I've seen, and that motor is solid. Major issues seem to be electrical rather than mechanical. SVTs can be prone to mechanical failure though.

Contours are actually European (rebadged Ford Mondeo) so take what you will from that :hs:

V6 Sport should be pretty fun, I've only driven the base, and it felt balanced and responsive although very, very soft in the springy bits (the Sport addresses this). I would think on balance there are probably better choices if you just want a beater, I'd go Japanese or at least go for a Zetec car.

3. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

2500 Can?

4. Cock Diesel

Cock Diesel New Member

I rode in one a while back on a roadtrip. The Zetec I4 was pretty good on fuel consumption on the highway, but it didn't do so great in the city (about 21-22mpg). Rode well for what it's worth, but the back seat's a hellish place to be -- no room whatsoever.

Is that $2500 CAN or US?