Ford Bronco 2

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by elephant16, Nov 27, 2002.

1. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

They have a mid 80's bronco II for sale up the road from here. I was wanting to know what to ask him. What are the most common things that go wrong with the vehicle and what to look for. It looks like its been lifted a little it also has large tires with good tread. They arnt anything special they look like cheap mud grips to me. Its over all in decent shape with a little rust. The inspection sticker says 12/01. So its been sitting for at least a year. I havnt talked to the guy yet so i dont know if there is anything wrong with it or not. Kelly blue book says a excelent condition 1989 bronco II is worth 2100.00. So considering that how much would this one be worth. I dont think its a 89 and also since it has been sitting for at least a year what would you think would be wrong with it. Since its a ford and its a bronco II what are the top known issues with them. THis thing looks like it was used as a hunting vehicle or just a weekend offroader.

It has a v6 in it so would what kind of gas milage will this get. I have a choice to drive my dads old truck (a 1987 dodge d150) Its got 250.000 miles on the original motor and the doors dont lock. ALso it smokes some. Also by the time i put a months worth of gas in it that would be all the truck is worth. So any way do bronco II's get good gas milage and are they semi reliable.

2. elephant16

elephant16 New Member

it was a 1983 bronco 2 with over 100k miles never been overhauld or had any transmision work. how much is it worth?

3. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

$1500.00 or so.