ford 4x4 system

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Trinidad, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Trinidad

Trinidad New Member

hey ! what is the difference between the fx4 and 4x4 package on the ford's are they the same or is it just different options...also is the ford 4 wheel drive system a good system compared to chevy or dodge. the f-150 gas 3 door

2. elder elemental

elder elemental New Member

The Fx4 is the same 4x4 system, it just has a couple of additional options, such as Rancho RS5000 shocks, and possibly additional skidplates. The 4x4 drivetrain is identical.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

drivetrain identical. different shocks, fancy stickers, and a different interior trim.

The system is okay. When I go up the mountain the chevys and toyotas never have a problem. I've had to pull many fords and dodge trucks out of the snow, however. Take it however you want.

GET THE LIMITED SLIP REAR END! I think that has a lot to do with it. Chevy 4x4's are usually equipped with the G80 locker... And toyota's with TRD package get either an LSD or eLocker... That really helps! Ford has an optional 3.73 LSD rear end... Make sure the truck has that option. I wouldn't buy without it.

4. Bubbles

Bubbles OT Supporter

I've got and FX4. You got diffent supenison package and skid plates from front to rear