LGBT For those with SO... How did it happen?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ivan, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Stupid teenage-ish question, but here it goes...

For those with boyfriends (girlfriends if there is any lesbian here, hello?), how did you get to know your SO? How did you know you liked that person? When did it happen? For how long did you know him/her? How did that first kiss happen?

I know, I know... No need to kill me for these silly things though! But I like a person right now and I just can't say anything about how I feel, firstly because it's way too soon, and secondly because I don't want to ruin the friendship, which is really good so far.

As some of you know, I have been with only one person in my life, and it didn't work at all. It lasted a single month... I rushed it. I just told him I liked him and he said he liked me too, so the next time we saw each other we kissed and all that stuff. But we wanted different things from the relationshit. I wanted to give love and have someone to share my thoughts and, later, my life with, but he didn't even know what he wanted, or so he claimed. Probably he thought the sex was fun.

With this other person I know there's "something". Sometimes I catch him looking at me when some other friend is talking and I'm not saying anything (and I catch him because I do the same!), it just seems weird he'd be looking at me instead of the person who is talking. Furthermore, he's always happy to talk to me for hours, and I gladly talk about everything without feeling any kind of shame. And he's always happy to tell me if he's going somewhere so I can go with him, and I go without hesitation.

I don't know how to explain the next part properly, so bear with me.

If something really would happen between us, I don't see how it would "just happen". It seems awkward and unlikely to me that one day I'll just say "what the heck" and kiss him and expect him to gladly respond to that kiss without knowing for sure if he feels any sort of attraction towards me.

That's why I want you to tell me your stories. It's not because I will "use them" to get him or something. I just want to know how things happen in real life. Simple as that.

ibmyspaceteenquestion

2. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

He walked in with his ex to a bar I bartend at. He was too trashed to notice me, but I noticed him. I made some inquiries, found out that he was taken, and continued walking on.

A couple months later, we ran into one another online. His relationship was coming to an end. We agreed to go meet for coffee at Borders Books, talked for nearly 3 hours and the rest is history. :wiggle:

3. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Wow, that was fast, excluding the two months part!

4. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

oh boy, this is not a romantic story.

It was friday, the last weekend before Christmas weekend. Since going home to the family meant not getting laid for a while I went to cruise a bar after work. I met an older guy right away who lived near me and we talked for a while. I would have left with him then and there but he was there to meet up with friends and didn't want to flake on them. So we were talking for hours, which means i was pretty drunk, before his friends finally showed up.

I was surprised that his friends were all much younger than him, much closer to my age, and all rather cute. I was enjoying being in such handsome company but one had really caught my eye. I approached him and said that I thought he was cute. And apparently, as witness testimonials from the other guys, we were making out within minutes in the corner and went at it for a loooong time.

I decided I wanted to go home with this one instead of the older guy, and now! so the two of are heading out of the bar and the older guy stops me to ask what's going on. I hestantly explain that I'm going home with his friend instead and he gets mad...kind of makes a scene in the bar. I felt bad but it's not like I had signed a contract or anything.

Get back to the younger guys place and....
    wake up the next day and spend the whole next day with this guy. He fascinates me, he's smart, we had great conversation. I had no reason to go home and he didn't mind if I stayed another night so i did. The next morning and I realized that there's something between us that is just very easy and relaxing. There was no tension or apprehension, just comfort and ease. We literally just "clicked". I stayed a third night, sunday night, and then both of us had to go to work monday morning. Just so happened to be that we worked directly across the street from each other.

We got together every day that week, whether it be for lunch, dinner or staying over and we've just been together ever since. 4 months later (April) i moved in...so that makes it a year now. We have had a few difficulties and differences but we have yet to have an "argument". We really have just gotten along amazingly well from the first second we met.

*edit, oh i just wanted to add the point that i was NOT looking for a relationship when this happened but just out having fun. I swear the best things will fall in your lap :mamoru: when your not looking for them

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Well, not the conventional romantic story, that's for sure, but it still sounds romantic to me. Connecting with a person so quickly is great!

6. audrey

audrey New Member

You're so cute Banim!!! I'll post my story when I have a chance!

7. HappyEeyore

HappyEeyore New Member

I was her boss, lol.

She had a g/f, but was evidently still lusting after me.

She didn't know if I was into girls or not, and I'm pretty oblivious in the workplace to people hitting on me ... I got transferred to another location of our company ... we are same age, and both go to same college ... hung out on campus quite a bit ... I really liked spending time with her but figured she'd never leave her g/f, so innocent crush ...

... we were on campus one day, sitting off in a lonely corner of a building hallway talking ... things just clicked ... drove around campus for a while talking about why it was a bad idea for us to get together ... and then yeah, that night we got together ...

... been great ever since :)

8. 2500

2500 Guest

I can thank Myspace for my SO, lol.

I lived in Chicago, and in the boredom of a rainy night, I went into the "browse" section, narrowed it down to my preferences, and kept hitting the number pad like a piano entering random zip codes. It was getting old, but, my fingers hit a zip code that ended up being some random small town in the middle of nowhere Tennessee. About 650 miles away from Chicago. Well, one guy caught my eye. Eek! He was only 17. 7 years younger than me. Meh, we'll give it a looksie. This was March of 2006. I noticed a blog about his Father just passing away. I figured I wouldn't be like "Hey, in this terrible time in your life, I thought I'd say how sexy you are." So, I added him to my favorites and drooled some more, lol.

About 3 weeks later, I thought I'd say hi. I did, and apparently, he thought I was a crazy pedo stalker, HAHAHA. Him and his friends were like "OMG, hes 23, from Chicago, and he thinks your cute." Anyways... we talk a few times, and hes "dating" this other guy now. Grr.... We lose touch, but I still have him on my friends list.

About a month later, I see a survey bulletin he posted, so I thought I'd read it. One of the questions was something like "Do you have a crush on anyone" or something along those lines. And he says "Yes" and puts my name! I immediately message him and say "what happened to that guy you were dating. He says it was stupid, and didn't work out, yadda yadda, so we start talking constantly. We really clicked.

About 2 weeks later, I take a drive to Tennessee to meet him. We meet in this nasty motel, bugs everywhere, window A/C. But, we have the best time. We had our first kiss that night on the bed. We were kinda kissing each others cheeks, then I would turn to kiss his cheek a little quicker, he would do the same, on and on, until we were narrowly missing each others lips in the switch over. Finally, I just went in for it and god was it great. Now this wasn't like speed cheek kissing, lol. By quicker, I mean I wasn't waiting as long for him to move his head for me to kiss his cheek. I reread that part and ti sounded like we were speed cheek kissing, lol. It was slow and romantic. So, I spend about 8 days down there, and we have the best time.

I knew if I didn't do something, it'll never work, so, a month later, I leave my family, friends, everything in Chicago and move to a small apartment in the mountains of Tennessee. That was 2 years ago this July and we're still together, doing really well. I knew I liked him as soon as I saw him, but, theres no time limit on when you knows hes the "one." I thought "well, hes the most handsome, cutest guy I've seen, hes really funny, I can't find a flaw in him if I tried, so, lets see where this goes." Then however long later, I was in love, head over heels. I dunno when it happened, or how, but I know it did, and it keeps getting stronger.

9. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Lol, thanks...

I'll be waiting for it!

That's amazing, how life turns around and gives you what you thought you would never have. I wish that stuff happened to me!

I hope it stays great, and keeps going stronger.

That's simply amazing. I don't really believe in "love" when it happens so quickly, but I guess it can happen. I guess I just use my crappy luck as a base to look at life, and that isn't working quite nicely.

I wish my case was the same, though. I can see this guy might like me, but I do not know for sure and he's not going to say anything, nor will I. Things will just have to happen, but I haven't had a chance yet to be alone with him, to see better how things feel between us.

I'm already missing him!! This is so stupid, why can't things just happen? :wtc:

10. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

My man was on the last page of matches on yahoo personals. He had a blurry out of focus photo, and he looked hawaiian, but I met him and instantly fell in love with the man of my dreams. This september we will have been together five years

11. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

well I got some time here in the morning so I minus whale write out the story :p

warning its a long one!!!

I had "dated" a few guys prior to meeting him, but all of them were absolutely horrid. One cheated on me with a girl, one dated me for two weeks, broke up with me, called and asked me back out, then calls again the next morning and says he didnt mean it he was drunk. okkk. Then one came out while dating me and wanted to explore I guess. Basically he was a whore and I couldnt deal with it.

I broke up with the last guy in February of 2006. I grew really close to a friend of mine (Danielle) and felt that I didnt need to date because I had good friends. I made a purposeful decision to completely avoid dating anyone.

Well Danielle and my friendship started to dissolve in late october. I began to hang out with another friend of mine since he was going through a rough time breaking up with his boyfriend. I always made it very clear that I was not interested in dating him, I just enjoyed his friendship. But we hung out alot, made dinner watched movies stuff like that. Well one day he invited a few people over to his house. That is where I met Kevin. Now funny how things work, but I actually wasnt interested in him at first. He said a couple things that made him sounds really flamboyant (which I later found out he was saying them as a joke, he's just really good at it lol). I also thought he was maybe 16 - 18 (I was 23).

As he hung out in the group a little more I began to see things that showed he was the type of guy I was looking for. Also we went to cheeseburger in paradise and he ordered a drink and I found out he was 21 lol. One day a group of us went bowling. After we got done Kevin said he wanted to go sing karaoke. I went because I thought it was going to be hilarious!! He just didnt seem to be the type that could sing well. As it turns out, he is actually a REALLY good singer lol. I was beyond impressed.

Well then our group began to go to shields pizza every sunday and go listen to him sing karaoke. We always had a really good time. I started to like him, but wasnt brave enough to tell him. Then on night before thanksgiving Kevin invited me to go to a gay club for the first time with him and 2 of our buddies. Fortunately the two friends didnt show so it was just us two. I got wasted at the bar and he drove me home. On the way home the liquid courage in my veins allowed me to tell Kevin that I like him. He said he would like to go on a few dates with me to see me alone rather than in a group and when we are both sober lol.

Within a day or two he called me and said he wants to go to chipotle. We had a nice dinner and talked alot. After dinner we were outside saying bye to each other. I stopped him and said I really enjoyed our dinner and your company. Even though I was drunk I really did mean what I said when I told you I liked you. He said thank you and he will call me or something like that. I told him I want to be straightforward with him to avoid the awkwardness of does he like me or is he just being nice, there should be no misunderstanding, I want to be more than friends.

We went on a few more dates over the course of the next couple weeks. Then on December 10th 2006 we had plans for him to come over my place and have dinner that night. I bought a bunch of candles and lit them all over the living room/dining room, I bought a romantic music cd
    [​IMG]
    http://www.musicspace.com/product.asp?catalog_name=MusicSpace&category_name=90s&product_id=MS1170

Had that playing in the background. Two tall candles on the table. Bought some champagne glasses and some champagne too. On a sidenote, candlelight is amazing for anything glass. Makes it so pretty lol. Dinner went really well. Then after dinner I asked him to be my boyfriend and he said yes :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: <-- lots more of those

Well after dinner I lit a fire in the fireplace and we cuddled on the couch and listened to the music in front of the fire for awhile. It was by far the most romantic evening I have ever had. So, we have been together over a year now, June will be 1 and a half, and still going strong. He actually moved in at the beginning of April which is a big step for us. And we both believe that taking things slow is very very important and at this point in our relationship the only thing we have done is kissed!!

This is a huge change for me, but I believe its worth it because we have the rest of our lives for everything else. I want a strong relationship first which is totally backwards from what I have done in the past. I needed someone like him in my life. that was why I took so long off of dating is because I was tired of the same guys coming and going.

Here are a couple pics

Danielle and I
    [​IMG]

Kevin and his sister
    [​IMG]

My lard butt and Kevin on top of mount montreal or something like that

[​IMG]

and here is a bonus pic of our hot friend Emerik :)

[​IMG]

ok maybe two bonus pics

[​IMG]

12. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Woah. And here people are telling me I rush too much, that you can't like a person so quickly. Best of luck for you two. :)

Thank you very much for telling me your story! I'm amazed at how you prepared that romantic dinner. I don't think I could ever do that to someone, lol.

You look good together.

:h5:

13. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

To make a long story short.

The bf and I kind of knew of each other in HS. (maybe said like 2 or 3 words to each other) We graduated the same year and even sat on the same row..etc.

12 yrs later we met each other online and he noticed that I was from his hometown..etc.
    We met for dinner within a week or a few days and the rest is history. We've been together for a year and 4 months now. :wiggle:

Both of our parents still live in our hometown so it's great to carpool..etc around the holidays. :mamoru:

14. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

You guys are making me cry! So I am single , yet again, but my heart belongs to my ex, and I don t know why! We are different and at the same time similar, but I found out he has a problem. He is a chronic pothead, and its messing him up, constant mood swings, complaining, its like he is two different people sometimes, one who adores me and then the other who hates me. I am in a difficult spot, we are not together, we talk daily he says he just wants to be friends with me right now. I said fine, I can deal with that, like I said we have things that keep us close, but yet he does stupid things to sabatoge this and often times will create arguements for no reason that test this bond. I want to help him, and I don t know how. He has been smoking on a regular basis for 10 years, and after reading and researching a bit on pot, his behavior fits the pattern , flawlessly. I m sorry to hijack your thread, I didn t mean to but this is killing me and I don t know what to do anymore. I love him, and I know he feels for me too, but he needs help and if i say anything he will just get mad at me and reject me.

15. stolid_agnostic

stolid_agnostic One who is both stolid and agnostic. Get a diction

hey banim!

I am happy for you...I hope that something works out! let me know

and btw.....wtf dude? sign on to AIM once in a while! dayum

16. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

what are the patterns of a pothead?

17. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

By regular basis i mean daily. Spaced out, irritable, bi polar almost, tempermental, mood swings, gets defensive about things that a normal person wouldn t even think twice about, many many things both to me and his other friends.:crying:

18. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Both of us were fresh out of bad relationships and carrying a great distain for the other sex. We met at a friends house and barely spoke. Fast forward six months, he returns from an out of town job and we met again at the same friend's house. We start talking books, dating and now it is 10+ years later.

19. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

Sounds like depression and/or some type of bipolar disorder... I dont think its the pot. Maybe he's actually in a lot of pain, needs to see a psychiatrist/therapist, and he's using the pot to self-medicate? Cannabis tends to make you more even-keeled, not more irritable

20. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

:wavey: stranger! :)

21. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

On pot he is fine, without it, total mess its actually scary how someone can be so irritated daily. :S

22. audrey

audrey New Member

Ok sorry I took so long!

My girlfriend works in my local pub and I had a mega crush on her for months. I would get drunk and shamelessly flirt with her. I would drag all my friends down to drink there, just to see her. Towards the end some mates of mine told me to give up, she's straight and I wasn't going to get anywhere. Eventually we started to talk more and I made it very clear I wasn't straight. One night I asked her to come to a party with us and she asked for my number. I was disappointed and thought she hadn't tried to sms or call but it turns out I gave her the wrong number or I didn't write it down clear enough! She had sms'd me a couple of times and she thought I wasn't interested!!!

Anyway, we finally hooked up! Turns out she had a crush on me the whole time too! All her work mates knew and would let her serve me! This is like movie stuff! We have been together for 4 months now and I'm the happiest I have ever been in my life, it all makes so much more sense. We both had a little experience with girls, but are each others 1st proper girlfriends. All my friends and family know, everyone loves her and is very happy for us and most people aren't surprised. Every time I look at her I think she's the prettiest girl in the world and I'm the luckiest!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  23. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

lol awesome

pic looks like your av :p

24. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

He found me on myspace....

We shared a ton in common...

He invited me to a gig that he was playing. I went.
    We chatted, but it wasn't really a match at the time.

We continued to chat for about six months while each of us dated other people. And we met up a couple of times during that period, but never really took it to the romantic level.

Then, we both found ourselves single and so he invited me to go see one of his favorite bands. We went together and had a nice evening... We ate sandwiches in line for the concert... how romantic, right?

So, we continued hanging out a couple of more times... and then we started having sex... and then we realized that we were actually dating without actually defining it.

So, we made it official and started dating... a year later we've moved beyond dating and are in a committed relationship (living together, loving together)

:)

25. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

hey girl!!! :wavey:
    I just moved back from Harrisburg, PA to Austin. I've been out of texas for far too long

As far as this thread goes:
    It'll happen when and how it happens, and probably when you're least expecting it. Thats usually the way it works. Sometimes you gotta be a little aggressive, but most of the time you'll just stumble into someone you really click with, and the pieces fall from there.